Theatre Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Have you used TodayTix before? Never heard of them until today.

I've used them before, they're legit. Saw Book of Mormon and Back to The Future with really good seats for £25 each on their same day 'rush' tickets.

If you live in London especially its worth putting putting some of the shows you want to see on a the Rush or Lottery lists.

18 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

I've used them before, they're legit. Saw Book of Mormon and Back to The Future with really good seats for £25 each on their same day 'rush' tickets.

If you live in London especially its worth putting putting some of the shows you want to see on a the Rush or Lottery lists.

Cheers for that. Just gone and booked teo Totoro tickets for towards the end of February.

• 4 months later...

Managed to bag two tickets for Spirited Away in mid May.

I opened my priority link the second it opened (10am) and was already 25,000 in the queue. 90 minutes it took to get to the front, but I got decent tickets in the stalls. They’ve since added an extra £10 onto the price for the same performance, sneaky bastards.

140,000 signed up for the pre-sale. Insane

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Managed to bag two tickets for Spirited Away in mid May.

I opened my priority link the second it opened (10am) and was already 25,000 in the queue. 90 minutes it took to get to the front, but I got decent tickets in the stalls. They’ve since added an extra £10 onto the price for the same performance, sneaky bastards.

140,000 signed up for the pre-sale. Insane

Yep had the same long wait, missed my slot (didn’t hear the ping) and had to wait another 45 minutes. But got some for my daughters birthday.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Theatre peeps maybe you can help me with some advice. 

Was looking to take the kids to Frozen. The website says no under 4s allowed. My son is 3. How strict will they be? I'm not worried about him sitting still and not being disruptive. He loves Frozen, loved other live theatre he's been to, and has a good attention span. So I'm really just worried about him not being allowed in.

• Paid Members

I went to see Operation Mincemeat a week or so ago, it's absolutely brilliant. I'm not normally into musicals, but the songs are catchy and great, serve the plot really well, everyone in it is brilliant, and it's hilarious, with some really touching moments too. A very odd story to decide to make into a musical, and they've really made it work. 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Theatre peeps maybe you can help me with some advice. 

Was looking to take the kids to Frozen. The website says no under 4s allowed. My son is 3. How strict will they be? I'm not worried about him sitting still and not being disruptive. He loves Frozen, loved other live theatre he's been to, and has a good attention span. So I'm really just worried about him not being allowed in.

Put him and your other littlun in a big trench coat on shoulders.

You'll be fine. I think they're just worried about "babes in arms" with that sort of thing.

• Awards Moderator
40 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I went to see Operation Mincemeat a week or so ago, it's absolutely brilliant. I'm not normally into musicals, but the songs are catchy and great, serve the plot really well, everyone in it is brilliant, and it's hilarious, with some really touching moments too. A very odd story to decide to make into a musical, and they've really made it work. 

Seeing this tonight. I’ve heard very good things, looking forward to it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Went to see Hadestown this afternoon. My wife bought tickets and I attempted to listen to the soundtrack a month or so ago, but wasn't able to focus on it. I'm glad I didn't - watching it blind was phenomenal. Fun staging, good story and great singing. 

Highly recommend it! 

Edit: Also the actor who played Hades (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_James) reminded me simultaneously of both Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. 

Edited by Nexus