It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

OK. So he's largely just grandstanding at the moment?

On Twitter it comes across as if these Executive Orders will destroy the universe!

http://www.thisnation.com/question/040.html

That link seems to suggest that EO's actually do have a lot of weight and authority. He's essentially writing his own laws, no?

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I've seen some reports that green card holders trying to travel to the US from those countries have found themselves being barred from boarding flights as well.

Here's a link to the article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/28/unhcr-speaks-donald-trump-suspends-us-refugee-program/

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

Are they implying that the banned countries are considered a higher risk than those countries that have exported actual terrorists?

With the way the order has been implemented. Customs have likely just decided to detain/refuse entry to anyone who even remotely falls under the umbrella of the EO. If reports are true. Then they are detaining actual Green card holders. There is no way they have had the time to properly screen people. What a mess!

Tech companies like Google and pomme de terre have lodged complaints and instigated measures to aid their employees.

It's very difficult to understand the thinking behind this. He and his advisors have got to be off their heads.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Really!? What a masterstroke by Obama. Let Trump take all the heat. Then his Mrs can sweep up in 2020.

If there's anything left.

The latest is that they want to interogate peoples phones when entering the US. In case you say something bad about The Orange dickhead. Fuck sake, is this shit actually happening!!!???

This whole thing is equal parts sad, hilarious and scary.

It's hilarious because (regardless of real-life consequences) the USA actually voting Donald Trump as President is the biggest joke ever written.

It's sad because (probably like many on here) I've watched what America does my whole life. From loving WWF and American films/TV as a kid up to traveling across the whole country in my Gap Year - i've always loved the place. What is happening right now is disgraceful!

It's scary because this only goes one of two ways: either there is a big push back towards sanity very soon (either the Dems step up and start killing it in smaller elections, or they impeach the nutter) or it's too late and America turns into a fucking nightmare of racial and religious infighting.

It genuinely feels like we are all watching a disaster movie play out on TV.