It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

One of the biggest protests ever last weekend and protests all over US airports right now. He only started working on Monday morning! One fucking week!

He may not last till the end of the year, never mind a full term. So desperate to be loved and respected, yet he'll be hated by both sides and go down as the worst of all time.

At least he's mentally ill, living in his own bubble. There's a special place in hell for people like Bannon and Conway.

• Paid Members

Can i ask if any of the Trump haters agree with anything he says? Wether it is to do with immigration, torture methods or his pro US american made products first?

If American made products are to be prioritised. Let's look at the Motor industry. Aside from pick ups, which Americans have a love affair with. The majority of cars sold are Japanese. Largely due to them being better value and more reliable. He can't fix that in four years. He wont even make a dent in that. Tech is good for them. Although he has managed to piss off two of the largest tech companies with his idiotic immigration EO. Sensible immigration is what he needs. Not this travesty. The moron.

They're is literally nothing that Trump can say or do which isn't stupid and unconscionable. He is not a humanitarian. He holds no venerable values. His ability as a business man is highly questionable.

As a statesman he is and will clearly be a disaster.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Yeah, happy that he's putting TPP away, that's probably about it. Did he really ban lobbyists from the administration?

As for Trump supporters, my grandfather in law, and a lot of his old-school democrat working men mates voted for him. Didn't make a dent in the Manhattan anti-Trump wall, but it's a clue as to why he did so well out in the country as a whole.

Can i ask if any of the Trump haters agree with anything he says? 

I couldn't help but nod along when he criticised Clinton for accepting donations to her 'charitable' Foundation from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE during one of the debates.

Now Trump has exempted those 3 countries from his travel ban executive order because, as has been pointed out, he has business interests in such places.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know any Trump supporters? It's insane that millions of people voted for him yet I don't know a single person that supports him.

Maybe they are too ashamed..

Sanjay Bagga is openly a supporter. Yes, the son of an immigrant. I defriended him on Facebook because of it. I'd call him out on something after he praised Trump, we'd get into a discussion, I'd make him look foolish, and then he'd delete all my posts. So I unfriended him. 

• Paid Members

Look on Twitter Murtz, there's loads of them about. Especially showing support for any Trump tweet.

Of course they are everywhere online. I'm yet to meet one in person. I know quite a few dumbass Leave supporters, but no Trump.

• Paid Members

Look on Twitter Murtz, there's loads of them about. Especially showing support for any Trump tweet.

Of course they are everywhere online. I'm yet to meet one in person. I know quite a few dumbass Leave supporters, but no Trump.

I met a trump voter in a hotel the other week. He said he voted for Trump but also described him as a moron. Apparently it was a comfort vote for his regular party and a dislike of Clinton more than any support.

• Moderators

Does anyone know any Trump supporters? It's insane that millions of people voted for him yet I don't know a single person that supports him.

Sanjay Bagga is openly a supporter. Yes, the son of an immigrant. I defriended him on Facebook because of it. I'd call him out on something after he praised Trump, we'd get into a discussion, I'd make him look foolish, and then he'd delete all my posts. So I unfriended him.

Did this really happen? Because your usual argument tactics are to be antagonistic and call things gay or stupid.

• Paid Members

Did this really happen? Because your usual argument tactics are to be antagonistic and call things gay or stupid.

Yes it happened. Why would I make it up? I was friends with Bagga for years.

I might have called things 'gay' on here a few times, or antagonised people - but never on FB where all my real friends can see. It was a proper discussion; he made a pro-Trump status update & I questioned it, and then he confirmed his full support. Subsequent replies went back & forth, and it didn't take long for me to explain to him how Trump is a racist & a bigot, along with specific examples asking Bagga if he supported proposed policy X, etc - then Bagga just deleted all my posts, to save himself the embarrassment of his friends seeing how the discussion had unfolded. I never once even insulted him - it didn't even get to that. I just asked a few questions. Then the entire post just disappeared.

Bagga's argument was that the UK had too many immigrants already, and they needed someone like Trump to put stricter controls on all the immigrant spongers. This was in the build-up to Brexit, BTW. 

Mo Chatra saw it. And I actually got a PM on here too afterwards from one of his friends saying he agreed with me.

Edit: and in my defence of being abusive and/or antagonistic with people on here - I spent my first 4 years on here getting abuse over TWC and in perpetual arguments with little cliques of people - so excuse me if my MO on here is slightly defensive. I'm not like that with my friends.

Edited by herbie747