It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

3 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Don't tell him, Pike.

I love this bit.

The Department of Defense, asked for comment, referred The Independent to the White House.

The White House referred The Independent to the Department of Defense.

What a bunch of dangerous, civilisation-threatening children.

Good luck, Joe.

January 20th feels a long way away...

Not sure I buy the line that he was discouraged merely by the explanation that it "could easily escalate into a broader conflict," as if that wasn't obvious and part of the appeal. More likely he was persuaded that handing Biden the smoking gun that started World War 3 isn't the boon to his precious legacy that he imagined it would be.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• 1 month later...

Looks like the dems are going to flip control of the Senate as well, then. You'd wonder if Georgia would have went this blue had Trump come out in November and said "Well done Joe. GG." He's really ballsed it up for them, and a lot of Republicans seem content to go down with the ship. Will be an interesting 24 hours! 

Trump was always preaching during the BLM protests that his supporters are on the side of Law & Order and “Blue Lives Matter”.

But last night there were plenty of tweets like this one ahead of today’s MAGA March, which leads me to believe the Police are the latest group that the MAGA collective are turning on.

Hopefully everybody else stays home today and leaves them to March & yell their hearts out.

Edited by dopper

3 minutes ago, dopper said:

Trump was always preaching during the BLM protests that his supporters are on the side of Law & Order and “Blue Lives Matter”.

It’s almost as if they were using creative ways to say they hate black people. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Looks like the dems are going to flip control of the Senate as well, then. You'd wonder if Georgia would have went this blue had Trump come out in November and said "Well done Joe. GG." He's really ballsed it up for them, and a lot of Republicans seem content to go down with the ship. Will be an interesting 24 hours! 

I think you're dead right here. The Republicans were favourites to retain control of the senate weren't they? I think some are furious with his show of contempt towards democracy and the Georgia votes reflect this. He's really fucked this. 

• Moderators

That is one narrative, another is that GOP voters won't come out to vote when Trump isn't on the ticket which I'm more inclined to believe to be honest. I'd like to think that they are losing people due to all this voter fraud shit, but polls point to them _actually_ believing it, so I'm dubious of that being the reason Dems did well in Georgia.

• Paid Members

The Republicans may find themselves in a hell of a quandry now, facing a bit of an identity crisis.

On one hand it shows that Trumpism can't appeal beyond a certain base and alienates many of its former moderate voters. Yet on the other hand, MAGA types will argue that you need Trump-types to galvanise the movement (but also the opposition).

Fascinating.

I'm not half enjoying Trump's increasingly desperate efforts though. 

Twice already today Trump has very publicly encouraged Mike Pence to overturn things, putting all of the focus on him.

Knowing how MAGA supporters have sent death threats to governors, Dr. Fauci, Nancy Pelosi, and others after that have expressed different opinions to Trump - I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say these tweets are putting Mike Pence’s life at risk.

The piece of shit knows exactly what he’s doing, and regardless of what people think of Pence nobody should be put in the firing line like this. 

2FC1A603-CDF4-4A16-9F83-06E4052AB113.jpeg

3B890F29-6C51-4545-AF08-8C97D459F0B3.jpeg