UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

A few Alvarez-McGregor breakdowns...

Dan Hardy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=N9cvK5t5kSk

Bas Rutten and Mauro Ranallo;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=MNbLR3IJhyc

Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=CLmwuiEudZQ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm in the minority by tipping JJ to be upset by KK.  I think JJ is in a bit of no man's land at present - trying to establish herself in the US by joining American Top Team - I think her first camp in the US - and currently without a manager I think.  

• Paid Members

I think I'm in the minority by tipping JJ to be upset by KK.  I think JJ is in a bit of no man's land at present - trying to establish herself in the US by joining American Top Team - I think her first camp in the US - and currently without a manager I think.  

Probably get some pretty healthy odds on a KK win ...

• Paid Members

The UFC have added Jim Miller Vs Thiago Alves to this card.

That fight has been on the card for ages.

In fact, the original Alves vs Iaquinta fight was the very first fight announced for 205 but when Iaquinta dropped out they went with Alves vs Miller at lightweight instead.

I'm feeling JJ for this also. KK is starting to look untouchable and whenever that has happened over the past few years the fight game has reminded us all that nobody is . There is this quite confidence about JJ. I think she is going to fight a calm fight, her victory will be nothing spectacular but I think it will be a solid fight. This fight has the potential to steal the show

I'm feeling JJ for this also. KK is starting to look untouchable and whenever that has happened over the past few years the fight game has reminded us all that nobody is . There is this quite confidence about JJ. I think she is going to fight a calm fight, her victory will be nothing spectacular but I think it will be a solid fight. This fight has the potential to steal the show

Did you get your initials mixed up there, man? It reads like you're agreeing with him but you're not haha. Joanna for the win or Karolina?

So hyped for this event. If I hadn't already paid $500 for my 4 day cruise, I'd bail on that for sure to stay in Australia and watch this live on PPV instead. Bring on Monday afternoon on the 14th of November! Will have avoid the Internet like the plague when I get back on land.

• Paid Members

I completely forgot about the poll.

Alvarez by decision.

Woodley by KO/TKO.

Jedrzejczyk by decision.

Them are my picks.

Bit surprised how one sided the Alvarez vs McGregor poll is, to be honest. Currently 24-10 to McGregor. I thought it'd be a close run thing. Especially given how many people were writing McGregor off in the Diaz rematch in August. I think Alvarez is just as tricky, if not more, style-wise for Conor Mac.

It's a tough call but I've still got my doubts on Conor's cardio down the stretch. I think it'll be better than it was at 170. But Alvarez can wear on you as well. I guess a lot depends on what gameplan Eddie uses. If he ends up in a wild brawl then anything can happen. If he comes to grapple I honestly think he gives McGregor all kinds of grief. Then again, part of me is wondering if the stamina issues with McGregor were mostly because he was opposite a Diaz. We've seen many a fighter fade against both Nick and Nate over the years, and they weren't guys you necessarily had down as gassers. Very interesting one. I've just got this feeling it's going to be a long miserable night for McGregor.

Woodley vs Thompson I'm fancying a Woodley win unfortunately. I'd love to see Wonderboy smash him up but I don't know if we've had all the questions answered on him yet, specifically in the grappling. The only really good wrestler we've seen him against was Hendricks but Hendricks stood with him and got obliterated. I think Woodley could potentially be a nightmare for Wonderboy because not only is he a powerhouse explosive wrestler, he's got dynamite power in his hands as well and he's fast as fuck. Thompson's karate style means he's an expert with controlling distance but Woodley closes the gap and covers distance like no other in MMA. He's like a fucking gazelle. Maybe Thompson's takedown defence is up to the task but I don't think he's faced a wrestler like Woodley before. I reckon Woodley takes him down, a lot, and stops him with ground and pound.

Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz is one of the hardest to call on the entire card IMO. Just because we still don't know that much about KK. I don't think we've seen her best yet by far. And she's looked better with each fight in the UFC so far, I think. But I can't really see how she beats JJ. She's not the strongest takedown artist from what we've seen of her. And she's outgunned on the feet. And Joanna doesn't seem to fade either. She's hell in round 5 just like she's hell in round 1. I can see KK hanging in there and making a go of it, but I think Joanna wins fairly comfy on points. Similar to the Letourneau fight, I reckon.

• Paid Members

Mcgregor's youtube channel the mac life have been putting a video out every day in the build up to UFC 205. Most of them are generic work out videos, but yesterday's one was particularly good. There's a few minute segment at the end where he goes off on one regarding the hate he receives from other fighters, and refreshingly he refrains from his normal cliched "bum" chat.

Archived