UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

If he beats Alvarez and becomes a 2 weight champ, there really isn't much left for him anymore. He always stated that his intention was to get in, and get out quick, with a shit ton of money in tow. In his early interviews i remember him talking about fighters taking too much punishment resulting in ill health later in life and saying that he refuses to go down that road.

I think after that only 3 fights will interest him, GSP and Nate and Nick Diaz.

I genuinely don't think Conor will be interested in fighting Nate ever again and I seem to be the only one with that opinion.

I agree with you. I think he managed to go in and get the win the way he did, and that he won't be looking to repeat it. He's never going to knock Diaz out, or submit him.

Basically, lightning isn't going to strike twice in the same place.

Let it go Dave! Honestly ... :)

I think if the money is right, he'd do it without thinking twice. He hardly has a track record for dodging difficult fights, does he!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't even say it's about dodging a difficult fight. He had a ridiculous locked away training camp just to get himself a decision win - I don't think he would be interested in that again.

Fantastic stuff.

Is there anyway that they could get Michael Buffer to announce on the night? Or is he still contracted to HBO in the states? Everything seems bigger when he lets out that "let's get ready to rumble", and I fucking hate Bruce Buffer who comes across like a kid whose had too many sweets

• Paid Members

How did he blow his knee out announcing? The big wally. That's because he jumps about like a twat, isn't it? He's a middle-aged bloke with no athleticism and he's jumping up and down and doing these silly sudden movements because he lacks the sexy velvet voice his big bro was gifted with, so Bruce overcompensates in other ways and ends up fucking his own knees up. Fool. Michael doesn't need the gimmicks and tomfoolery. He might think Bret Hart's last name is Clark but he has a voice that makes the ladies pants just fall off.

I'm with WyattSheepMask. Bruce Buffer is massively, massively overrated. You've all been sold them wolf tickets.

That's such an amazing video.

I'm gutted, I realised yesterday that I won't be able to watch UFC 205 live on PPV. I'm going on a cruise for 4 days across UFC 205 weekend. I need to get home Monday afternoon, avoid all Internet and social media, and watch the PPV a day late to try and retain what should be an incredible atmosphere.

• Paid Members

How did he blow his knee out announcing? The big wally. That's because he jumps about like a twat, isn't it? He's a middle-aged bloke with no athleticism and he's jumping up and down and doing these silly sudden movements because he lacks the sexy velvet voice his big bro was gifted with, so Bruce overcompensates in other ways and ends up fucking his own knees up. Fool. Michael doesn't need the gimmicks and tomfoolery. He might think Bret Hart's last name is Clark but he has a voice that makes the ladies pants just fall off.

I'm with WyattSheepMask. Bruce Buffer is massively, massively overrated. You've all been sold them wolf tickets.

Everybody else the UFC uses is even worse though.

I actually like Buffer. Nothing again them but Joe Martinez and Andy Friedlander are aweful.

• Paid Members

Isn't the story that the UFC wanted to continue using Michael Buffer all the way back after his appearances at UFC 6/7 but the contract he signed with WCW actually stopped it, I'm assuming due to exclutivity outside of boxing, so they went with Bruce Buffer (Who was Michael's manager at the time) from UFC 10 onward or have I mis-remembered  that (tl;dr, blame WCW for Bruce Buffer being famous)

Archived