UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think JJ's alright. Haven't watched Countdown yet (will probably do that now), but the way she went on on TUF, I feel like it's just mind games, her way of psyching out her opponent and trying to get the mental edge.

That Timeline video is brilliant. I've never seen those before, but the way it's shot, it's almost made to look as if McGregor and Alvarez were destined to meet, when it's a fight I wouldn't have predicted at the start of 2016- mostly due to Alvarez coming into the UFC with a loss then a boring decision win.

The hype train has absolutely began for UFC 205. Promos were plastered all over the RDA vs. Ferguson Fight Night.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The UFC/MMA Fighting are churning it out this week. I need to get involved, recently i've found myself neglecting the online hype going in and it's really affecting my enjoyment of cards going in, i need to get balls deep again.

• Paid Members

The UFC/MMA Fighting are churning it out this week. I need to get involved, recently i've found myself neglecting the online hype going in and it's really affecting my enjoyment of cards going in, i need to get balls deep again.

John Kavanagh live in studio on the MMA hour is a good place to start:

• Paid Members

I'm really surprised by the poll being so in favour of Mcgregor here. It seems like the Diaz rematch that every fighter and analyst is picking Alvarez over Mcgregor.

This really is the biggest test and fight of Mcgregor's career and for me he should be the underdog. I just feel that Conor is going to produce something special on Saturday night but as a Mcgregor fan I'm absolutely bricking it.

This whole card is ridiculously hard to predict though. I've gone for Wonderboy in the poll, but after re-watching Thompson's fight against Ellenberger when he got dropped by a big right, he could come unstuck against a much bigger hitter in Woodley. He's a far better fighter now mind, but I can easily see both fighters winning. 

• Paid Members

I'm having a really hard time trying to pick the winners. I went for McGregor by KO, Wonderboy by decision and JJ by Decision. Truthfully though the only thing on the main card I feel comfortable picking is JJ to win. Which means that of this year is anything to go by, she'll lose.

If Woodley wins I think it'll be the first round and if it goes longer than that then I see Wonderboy picking his shots and taking it on points.

Meisha Tate really should be winning, but if she comes in looking as distracted as her last fight then she'll be eating another loss.

I would imagine Khabib is winning and fairly certain Edgar is beating Stephens.

As for the main event though I have no idea really. I went with McGregor as I want him to win it, but both are capable of going out there and clipping the other in short order and putting their lights out. It's definitely the toughest test I think McGregor will have faced yet but also the best style of fighter for him to take on out of Alvarez, Khabib and Ferguson.

• Paid Members

It's the cardio and pace Alvarez can work at that I think will be interesting. McGregor said it was the weight he was carrying during his last two fights that buggered him up, but we'll definitely get a good look at that should the fight go more than a round and a half.

If Alvarez is in the sort of form he was against RDA I can see it ending early and quite embarrassingly for McGregor; Alvarez beats most when he rocks up like he did against RDA. Of course, in the USADA version of UFC it's very nearly impossible for a fighter to maintain that sort of excellence fight to fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah I can't see it lasting long. I think Alvarez comes in guns blazing. If he connects well then its probably over, but if he doesn't and McGregor clips him as Alvarez is on the attack, then that's how I imagine Conor can get the win. The less attractive alternative is Eddie successfully using his wrestling and smothering Conor for the decision

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever been so split on a fight. Having been a fan of Eddie's right back to the Dream days (along with Joachim Hansen, what ever happened to him?) then watching him tear up Bellator, only to go through all that shit with Rebney (what ever happened to him, come to think of it?) and then eventually make it to the UFC and become champ, I'd love him to solidify himself at the top of the lighter categories, but then Conor is well, Conor. I think I want Conor to win, to keep the hype train rolling, but I certainly wouldn't be sad to see Alvarez blitz it.

CAN'T BLOODY WAIT.

• Paid Members

It's the cardio and pace Alvarez can work at that I think will be interesting. McGregor said it was the weight he was carrying during his last two fights that buggered him up, but we'll definitely get a good look at that should the fight go more than a round and a half.

You could argue that Mcgregor faded against Mendes. But then supposedly he went into that fight injured. It's such an intriguing fight. Can't wait.

• Paid Members

John Kavanagh live in studio on the MMA hour is a good place to start:

thanks again for that link, great watch. I need to make a habit of watching the MMA Hour every week, i tend to just read quotes these days, Ariel is the man.

• Paid Members

No probs.

Just on a slight tangent, what do we reckon this big announcement will be from Mcgregor after the fight?

Surely there's no smoke without fire and it'll just be the rumored time off.

I'll go a bit more out there and say his Mrs his pregnant and he's taking time off to become a father.

Archived