UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they just ignored Eddie and the 2 kids thing eh?

This might explain it. 

He looked over to McGregor, who didn't respond. In fairness, the crowd was so loud inside the room that he may very well have not heard Alvarez's taunt.

For those not in the know. Alvarez claims that this has bearing on McGregor's big announcement. 

• Paid Members

I hate saying this but it's the first time I've felt like something was staged with Conor.

I'm specifically talking about the swinging chair. It was just the randomness of Alvarez picking up his chair, conveniently placing it down by Mcgregor's feet and then Alvarez's reaction to the whole thing.

That said what the fuck was Michael Landsburg doing rearing his ugly head spouting bollocks about WWE?

• Paid Members

That fucking coat. He looked like a pantomime gangster.

I think the pregnancy stuff is probably spot on too. The way they shot his girlfriend during Embedded ep 3 looked to me as though she was preggers. She seemed to have a rounder face too.

• Paid Members

No probs.

Just on a slight tangent, what do we reckon this big announcement will be from Mcgregor after the fight?

Surely there's no smoke without fire and it'll just be the rumored time off.

I'll go a bit more out there and say his Mrs his pregnant and he's taking time off to become a father.

Bosh. Called it. ;)

Watching with a couple of casual fans at uni they all felt it was pretty staged, if entertaining none the less. Coat was ridiculous. Rumor floating about this AM the surprise is Mayweather being in attendance challenging Conor post fight, he's offered him 50 million according to one source for a fight with Floyd taking 100. Take that for what you will...

• Paid Members

Yeah, I saw that Mayweather vs McGregor stuff and the $50 million thing on Bloody Elbow.

Can't see it ever actually materialising. Too many egos involved and, with McGregor still under UFC contract, the UFC would have to OK it and what does it do for them to let their biggest star go and get spanked by a cunt like Mayweather in boxing? Plus the Bloody Elbow article says if the fight is signed it'll be on New Year's Eve. I'd say it's very unlikely McGregor fights Alvarez in mid November then will be ready to go again, in a completely different sport against the best boxer on the planet, after just a 6 week turnaround or whatever.

I think it's all shite anyway. I honestly think Floyd's just using McGregor's name to keep his own name current. This rumour seems to pop up every time McGregor's fighting and nothing ever actually comes of it.

It's much more likely to be the baby thing. I know that's not spicy or exciting enough for TMZ but that's probably what's happening.

• Paid Members

It felt staged and if you watch Tyron Woodley's footage it looks even more so. Not Conor's best press conference and I was pretty disgusted with the mink coat. Having said that I still hope he whoops Alvarez. I hope Wonderboy whoops Woodley even more!

I'm with you there Bifkin. I'm still a huge Mcgregor fan, but he's really starting to push my buttons to what made me a massive fan of his. During all the "if one of us goes to war, we all go to war" stuff it was incredible and he really made you feel like you were just like him. 

But like you the mink stuff made me sick. 

Flaunting his cash has irked me for a while, yet at the same time I understand it that part of the reason he does it as it allows his fans to live vicariously through him.

However, for the first time he's starting to grate with shit like a mink coat. 

• Paid Members

It felt staged and if you watch Tyron Woodley's footage it looks even more so. Not Conor's best press conference and I was pretty disgusted with the mink coat. Having said that I still hope he whoops Alvarez. I hope Wonderboy whoops Woodley even more!

I'm with you there Bifkin. I'm still a huge Mcgregor fan, but he's really starting to push my buttons to what made me a massive fan of his. During all the "if one of us goes to war, we all go to war" stuff it was incredible and he really made you feel like you were just like him. 

But like you the mink stuff made me sick. 

Flaunting his cash has irked me for a while, yet at the same time I understand it that part of the reason he does it as it allows his fans to live vicariously through him.

However, for the first time he's starting to grate with shit like a mink coat. 

Yeah that coat is a step too far for me too. Dressing like a pimp and playing up to the character, fine. But killing shit for fur when you don't need to ... tasteless.

Archived