UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've yet to watch this, but from the photos and snippets I've read, even if McGregor was hamming it up, it did the job in getting him the press UFC need for this card. I've read a few time over the past two years that he's gone too far with the gimmick, yet he keeps ascending.

Also, his outfit is brilliantly obnoxious. Top marks.

• Paid Members

The Guardian probably isn't the go to media outlet for MMA but I think this article is pretty spot on - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/nov/10/conor-mcgregor-eddie-alvarez-ufc-205

I would have to agree with a lot of that to be fair. As mentioned, it hasn't got to the point for me where I don't want him to win, as I feel in the cage we see the true Mcgregor, and I've been too invested in who he was previously to stop caring. In the past I've felt that the Mcgregor we saw in the press conferences was just a slightly turned up to 10 version of himself, but also at no point did it feel contrived. 

I think the problem is this comes straight off the back of the Mcgregor/Diaz press conference scuffle and almost feels lazy that they've seen what worked last time and just thought 'same again'.

I've got no problem with the way he actually dressed to be fair, I've just got a problem of what it was made of. It's almost as if he's become detached from reality to the point where he simply doesn't give a fuck. 

• Paid Members

It felt staged and if you watch Tyron Woodley's footage it looks even more so. Not Conor's best press conference and I was pretty disgusted with the mink coat. Having said that I still hope he whoops Alvarez. I hope Wonderboy whoops Woodley even more!

Yeah, fully agree. Very contrived & nothing of substance to take away from the whole deal. And the fur coat was disgusting, on many levels.

• Paid Members

Disagree. Upper right leg looks SO much bigger than upper left leg. It just looks odd. :p

That's the angle of the picture Chunk.

No shit ...

If sarcasm was what you were going for in your original post, it sure as shit didn't come over.

Anyway, regarding the Alves missed weight, is it a New York commission thing with what Bifkin mentioned above regarding Miller coming in 3llbs over for the fight to go ahead? 

Just that when Oliveira missed weight by 10 llbs last week the fight still went ahead as a catchweight bout with Oliveira forfeiting 30% of his purse.

Archived