Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gus, are you really Big Sam under a pretend username? Nobody can champion the cause of Sam and lardy cakes without some agenda behind it, surely?

I'm pushing to be his new agent, Ian. I want Big Sam's boingy face on every fattening product in the country. Imagine how much more satisfying a steak and kidney Pukka would be with Sam Allardyce's gurning gob learing into your soul?

Big Sam's Deep Filled Pies. That Big Sam taste for the whole family except the Chinese

fixed

Has anyone been to Brussels and used the Metro?

I was in Brussels in 2012 during the period when the Mayans predicted the end of the earth, and while using the Metro was given a flyer for a DJ night featuring a nice airbrushed picture of High Energy on the same carriage as a guy doing massive bumps of coke off the handle of a nail clipper. This was about 11 in the morning. Fair play to him.

8jffAil.jpg

vYf4WBD.jpg

• Paid Members

Just to update on the Belgian bun situation. I purchased both a Belgian bun and a lardy cake on the way to work today and can unequivocally confirm the latters superiority. I'm wallowing in it's lardiness. Can feel a delicious coronary on the way.

Also, throwing it out there, Belgian beer is shit and tastes of bananas.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I love you Branque, but don't you dare denigrate the one thing my county has ever produced of any note.

Lardy cake is a traditional English tea bread enriched with lard, sugar, spices and dried fruit. It originates from Wiltshire and is commonly found throughout the West Country. Historically, lardy cakes were celebration cakes and only made during special occasions as sugar, spices and dried fruits were considered luxuries.

Yet more conclusive evidence that Wiltshire is fantastic. We have it all; lardy cake, inbreeding, cows, Ushers Brewery being bought by North Korea (legit).

I'm glad I'm not the only one on the beer front Teedy. Leffe is utter garbage. Like someone has cut beer with Honey Nut Cornflakes and stale piss.

Edited by Gus Mears