Wrestlers sabotaging matches

Egg Shen

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoshiko should have been blacklisted for life. Some wrestlers really are the absolute fucking worst.

Yeah, that was the general consensus at the time. I am surprised Yoshiko has been allowed back to be honest. Beyond unprofessional. Potatoing somebody is one thing, battering them so badly in an eye they have already had problems with and injuring them so badly they had to retire, there is just no call for it at all.

Has anyone ever had criminal charges brought upon them for using the charade of a pro wrestling match to deliberately assault the actor playing the part of their opponent?

Difficult to prove perhaps, but if the victim is forthright that there was no co-operation or agreed plan to what happened, then one would like to hope the guilty party can't indefinitely hide behind claims to the contrary. It would be like an abusive spouse using the defence "We were just playing rough."

Has anyone ever had criminal charges brought upon them for using the charade of a pro wrestling match to deliberately assault the actor playing the part of their opponent?

Difficult to prove perhaps, but if the victim is forthright that there was no co-operation or agreed plan to what happened, then one would like to hope the guilty party can't indefinitely hide behind claims to the contrary. It would be like an abusive spouse using the defence "We were just playing rough."

New Jack famously in the Mass Transit incident.

New Jack's not in jail so I would assume this just doesn't get done for whatever reason

• Paid Members

I remember Perry Saturn turning on a jobber and half killing him!

Think there's also a match where Rick Steiner decides to taken liberties with a jobber!

I suppose the greatest sabotage is Montreal no?

More than one. Probably more than a hundred. Jobbers supposedly used to walk out rather than face the Steiners, because they knew they were going to get a kicking. You might be thinking of the matches where he kicked the crap out of Konnan and Saturn on WCW TV though.

In recent memory, tho it was only an indie, Rick Steiner vs Vordel Walker comes to mind. Both acted like tits and ruined the match!

Not exactly a sabotage but wasn't there a Jake match a few years ago where he was totally f'd up and got his d**k out in front of fans and his opponent literally just forced him to the mat and held him down for the 1-2-3 to save further embarrassment?

You should know, you're his parole officer!

But yeah, it's what starts off the Resurrection of Jake The Snake documentary. He comes out smacked out of his bin and his opponent (can't remember his name) forces him down and pins him in about 20 seconds. Roberts then goes to expose himself afterwards which is when the guy tried to then kick him in afterwards as there were some children present

I can only seem to find this video of the match in question -

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

BUMP!

Cornette did a commentary over the Skyscrapers vs no selling jobber match on the 605 Superpodcast. Didnt know Spivey dropped him in the back afterwards (although its hardly surprising).

Goes back to the question what's this fucker playing at. He used to work under the name Butch Blackheart (no relation to our Butch), and he looks about 60 back then. I wonder if he thought "this is my last chance, let's look strong against Spivey and Sid" and instead got ran out of the business.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Spivey just seems like one of those types who wouldn't think twice about caving your face in if you crossed him. It's the eyes. He looks like a 50/50 mix of hard and crazy. And that's nothing you want to fuck about with. Didn't seem a bad bloke in his shoot interview, but definitely comes across as not someone to mess with.

I had no idea about that Skyscrapers match until it was brought up earlier in this thread. He definitely picked the wrong match to do it in. Spivey stiffed the absolute fuck out of Hawk with a chair at a Clash of the Champions as well around that time (I posted the video somewhere in this thread) because he said the Roadwarriors were being cunts and tried to make a mug of Mean Mark in their matches. So he bent a chair over Hawk's head a few times. According to Spivey, Taker thought they were going to have to fight Hawk and Animal after the match but when Hawk came through the curtain all he said was 'Hey Danny, good match'.

• Paid Members

i wanna see the Roma/Wright match.

I watched this a few years ago and I'm not seeing where Roma sabotaged the match at all. He makes Wright look a bit stupid by mocking his hip and happening dance moves, but I'm not seeing anything else. Roma doesn't no sell anything. It's just a shitty match.

Archived