Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• Paid Members

I wasted 10 Pokeballs on a female Nidoran the other week and it ran away. Finally found another today and caught it. Tonight my 5k egg hatched into a female Nidoran. Bloody game.

• Paid Members

The egg system works just fine for me. When it says 'walk to hatch this egg', that's what I do and the eggs always hatch when they are supposed to. It doesn't tell you to run. The guy writing that article even acknowledges this, yet is still having a whinge because his eggs aren't hatching after he's been out jogging.

• Moderators

Even when walking though, I have found it doesn't quite get the full distance I've gone. I would be interested to know what the actual frequency is of the location checks. The thing I thought was interesting was that fifteen minutes is far more infrequently than I would have thought.

• Paid Members

I was stuck in traffic the other day and managed to get 7.4k of a 10k egg just by having the game on as I slowly crawled into Lincoln. Also hit about 15 pokestops whilst in the queue. Normally I have no patience at all so this actually calmed me down loads.

• Paid Members

Yes! There was a Metallica cover doing the rounds on Facebook, that can fuck off to Kevin Dunne hell.

My kids have been binge watching the original Pokemon series when at home this weekend. Bursting with pride.

so Pokevision has been switched off and the in-game tracking system is also off. Random stumbling around to find anything it is. (unless anyone knows a tracker thats still active?)  There was a Mankey in the park this morning which would have been a new catch but I wasnt going to aimlessly wander round for ages hoping to stumble across it.

• Paid Members

The Sub Reddit has gone into meltdown. Someone found the Niantic community manager for Pokemon Go on Twitter, so he's been getting both barrels for the last 24 hours.

Niantic's communication with the player Base has been pretty shocking though.

I kinda feel sorry for them as they're using an IP owned by 3 huge Japanese companies, they probably have to jump through hoops before they can get a word out and Japanese publishers etc seem to be the worst for player communication.  Try being a fan of the Soulsborne series, it's truly infuriating trying to get a single word out of FROM/Bandai Namco.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

so Pokevision has been switched off and the in-game tracking system is also off. Random stumbling around to find anything it is. (unless anyone knows a tracker thats still active?) There was a Mankey in the park this morning which would have been a new catch but I wasnt going to aimlessly wander round for ages hoping to stumble across it.

https://fastpokemap.com , is up I just tested it and got posture results but it is a really small scan radius so you have to go over an area scanning to get good results

• Paid Members

Doesn't work for me.

I had a Wartortle on my nearby, tried the above and it just listed a Ratata and in no location.

Shame.

Edit

Actually, it's half decent, just have to scan everwhere nearby over and over. It'd wipe my data though so recon from the house may be needed

Edited by Teedy Kay