Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• Paid Members

The pub directly opposite my house is a Pokestop, though it actually closed about five months ago, so I doubt the former landlord - who still lives above it - is particularly thrilled. The Mormon church at the end of the street is one too, though I'm scared to approach that one because they'll already have some super-sneaky way to convert everyone, like the time they had two really attractive American girls banging on my door trying to get me to convert.

Anyway, I got bored of this after about two days, with only a Weedle and Rattata to my name other than my starter Charmander. Might just go out into the woods later this evening though and see what rocks up.

That's their technique, that is — once they get you out of your undies, they'll get the special pants on you and you'll be a Mormon.

• Paid Members

Productive lunchtime — think I picked up about 30 pokemons, don't know if there's any benefit to keeping weaker dupes around. It's total darwinism in my pokemon collection, giving all the weaker ones to that dodgy professor for some sweets. Found a nexus of five spots with lures, was great.

• Paid Members

don't know if there's any benefit to keeping weaker dupes around.

Def keep them. I kept loads of Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat and Drowzee, enough to evolve quite a few, cracked open a lucky egg (which doubles your xp for half an hour) and levelled up twice because of the xp you get from evolving.

• Paid Members

I'm struggling to even play this now.

I should be laughing really. There's a Pokestop round the corner from me and three on the way to my work but it's just glitching and crashing all the time. I went for a walk today and it crashed when I saw a Rattata (which I couldn't catch) and then wouldn't let me log in again until I was back home - a full twenty minutes later. There was a Pikachu nearby as well!

It's fun when it works though.

• Paid Members

I'm struggling to even play this now.

I should be laughing really. There's a Pokestop round the corner from me and three on the way to my work but it's just glitching and crashing all the time. I went for a walk today and it crashed when I saw a Rattata (which I couldn't catch) and then wouldn't let me log in again until I was back home - a full twenty minutes later. There was a Pikachu nearby as well!

It's fun when it works though.

I'm having the same issue, technical problems taking all the fun out of it.

didnt get into this at all before i uninstalled it. expected more from the inescapable hype and initial intrigue of Animated-Characterz-In-Our-Real-World but tbh once you get past the memes and the bants and the weird headlines i just found it a plodding experience. no idea what's sparked the world's intrigue quite so much other than the brand

im just waitin on WWE go now, i wanna be walkin down an alley smokin a fag and all of a sudden i gotta have a street fight with Al Snow

Edited by sj5522

According to my health app, I've walked double what I was previously walking before I downloaded this. I feel it's good for my mental health and my anxiety levels are low. I'm encouraged to go walking around the park and so for me, this is a very healthy pastime to have.

According to my health app, I've walked double what I was previously walking before I downloaded this. I feel it's good for my mental health and my anxiety levels are low. I'm encouraged to go walking around the park and so for me, this is a very healthy pastime to have.

See I've heard similar stuff that it's getting recluses out and healthy n shit, which is what caused me to check it out in the first place, being a pretty big hermit with a mental health CV as long as Stacy Keibler's legs I thought it was the perfect time for this to come about

First time I gave it a quick trial spin in my room before planning a walk. I caught 2 pokemon sat completely stationary, and then I ended up going out with my family and actually like paying attention to them and our surroundings and all that novel shit. Similar experience at the weekend with friends. 

Final time I went to give it a spin on the way to get some cigs and it had aforementioned crashing issue so thought fuck that and put it back in the pocket, noticed my Android was performing loads slower than before so cut my losses

It's just not clicked here :/

Yeah it's a bit shit when it crashes but I just reason that I'm out having a walk, something I wouldn't have done had it not been for the game. Tonight I'm off to the park again, the Chorlton Rounders Club meet and play there on Wednesdays so I'm going to go and watch for a bit. Might even talk to someone I've never met! I can honestly say if it wasn't for the game, I doubt I'd have the confidence to do that.