Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

The Local Primary School is a Pokegym, the post office is a gym. and i have 15 pokestops near me... At the local church they put on refreshments and seats out for people to come and use the Pokestop.

I had 2 kids yesterday ask me what gym I was and they helped me out with what i'm supposed to be doing. Its fantastic.

• Paid Members

Started playing last night — went out to the shops, and suddenly found myself 6 blocks away with a couple of new pokemon. Had to take the bus to work this morning, I've now got a ridiculous amount of pretty much everything — have a 5km egg on the cook, so I think I'll be cycling around at lunchtime checking out the environment.

Aside from that, I don't know nowt about the game. Any idea about a good idiot's guide?

• Moderators

Started playing last night — went out to the shops, and suddenly found myself 6 blocks away with a couple of new pokemon. Had to take the bus to work this morning, I've now got a ridiculous amount of pretty much everything — have a 5km egg on the cook, so I think I'll be cycling around at lunchtime checking out the environment.

Aside from that, I don't know nowt about the game. Any idea about a good idiot's guide?

Here you go! This should get you going..

Here's a helpful, if not long read on some do's and don'ts... https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rlnmc/some_tips_from_my_last_days_playing/

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Thanks! Just discovered that depending on where the phone decides it is, I'm in a confluence of two pokestops, and they seem to constantly have lures on them because of all the Wall Street types playing. I had to turn the game off, because it was just constant — I was getting a new pokemon every ten seconds or so, I've already transferred out about 12 zubats. I know what I'm doing at lunchtime, and I don't think I even need to go out to do it.

The pub directly opposite my house is a Pokestop, though it actually closed about five months ago, so I doubt the former landlord - who still lives above it - is particularly thrilled. The Mormon church at the end of the street is one too, though I'm scared to approach that one because they'll already have some super-sneaky way to convert everyone, like the time they had two really attractive American girls banging on my door trying to get me to convert.

Anyway, I got bored of this after about two days, with only a Weedle and Rattata to my name other than my starter Charmander. Might just go out into the woods later this evening though and see what rocks up.

Edited by Stunner

• Moderators

Getting really frustrated with the fact that everytime I put the phone in my pocket with the battery saver mode enabled, when I take it back out after a couple minutes, the minimap has frozen and I can't press anything so I have to reboot the app (at which point, the pokemon that was there is often no longer about).