Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

As a huge Pokemon fan and somebody who's been looking forward to this game for months, I'm gutted to not be able to play it. I'm using my old Galaxy S3 and it's got Android 4.3. I can't seem to get the game to play and it must be because it needs to run on Android 4.4 or later.

I can't seem to update it to a later version and I can't make heads or tails of what google is telling me. Is there an easy way around this?

I'd rather not have to pay for a full new handset just to play Pokemon Go cos I'm shit at breaking/losing phones (hence why I'm back on the S3 again).

Would be ace if anyone can suggest a way around this or a layman's way to update my Android.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

I wish I'd known about this game before I got my new tattoo. I swear, in a Chinese buffet in Soho on Sunday night a waiter tried to catch the Pikachu on my arm.

You need 400 x candy to evolve Magikarp.

FOUR HUNDRED. Motherfuckers!!

Yeah, I've only found 2 of the fuckers so far. It's going to be a while before that becomes anything useful!

Yeah, you really gotta want that Gyarados.

Gyarados.png

Worth it, I'd say.

Anyway, a really unfortunate side-effect of Pokemon Go capturing the imagination of loads of people is that it's exposed a fresh new thing for people on networks to post those God-awful "I'm proud to be in the 5% of people that have never" posts. Star Wars and Game Of Thrones has prompted them in the past, now it's Pokemon. Oh, good for you. You aren't into something wildly popular. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but it in no way makes you cool, edgy or anti-conformist by sticking your chest out and being proud of it. Let people have their fun however they want, you joyless pricks. Celebrate what you ARE into, rather than making a song and dance of what you're not.

Edited by air_raid

Grow up.

Also, am I supposed to walk towards those little dancing blades of grass to find Pokemon? I caught a Weedle in my kitchen but it's too rainy to venture out.

Edited by Stunner

• Paid Members

I really don't know if the rustling actually means there's Pokemon there to be honest, haven't noticed that being the case.

Caught an Oddish left handed whilst cycling home. I need to have a word with myself.

• Paid Members

Does the size and weight of the Pokemon make any difference? I've just realised that a ton of duplicates are really all different in size and weight and some have attacks outside of their normal class, which makes it very deceiving. Defo something to keep an eye on

I have a 205cp Pidgeotto weighs 30kg and 1.03m in height. It currently has HP of 47. It has a Steel primary attack of 15.

I have another Pidgeotto 302cp. weighs 2.52kg and 0.92m in height. HP of 55. Flying primary attack of 12

I would have assumed the first to be a bit shit, but on further looking, it seems better, especially with the 'steel' attack.

I've just been transferring them without even looking!

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Not entirely sure for GO, but in the games the heavier Pokemon generally have better defence.

In terms of flying or steel moves, they would be strong/weak against certain Pokemon.

• Paid Members

Everyone does, yes. There are a couple of Pokestops nearby that people keep hooking a lure module up to, yet the one nearest my office that I can actually access at my desk- never. It will get to the point where I end up just going for a walk during working hours across the city just to catch the shadows that keep appearing...