Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• Paid Members

The only thing I've evolved so far is Pidgey to Pidgetto. All my guys have low CP. Everytime I click on a gym, the defenders have like 500cp.

Just keep catching more of the same Pokemon, it's quite easy to build up their CP. My Hypno is up to 400cp now just because of the abundance of Drowzees I come across.

I've evolved a Ratata, but I already caught a wild raticate anyway, so now I just have two! I'm about 10 candy away from evolving Pidgeotto up to whatever it turns into next.

Here's a question! Is there ever any options / divergence in the evolution tree for these guys? Or does one thing always necessarily become the same thing when it evolves?

Yeah I've almost got to the point where Ratata's are not worth catching now. I have a Raticate with a high CP and it doesn't evolve beyond that. Pidgeotto evolves into Pidgeot (they gave up with the names at this point I reckon) and I'm 3 candy away- just need to catch one Pidgey and I'm there! Same with evolving Zubat into Golbat.

As for your question- yes. Evee can evolve into one of three species. I think it's three, with the later Pokemon games it opened up to about 5 or 7. I think Evee can evolve into either Jolteon (electic), Flareon (fire) or Vaporeon (water). Can't remember what logic is used though to determine which species it evolves into though.

I've been using this a lot and having a lot of fun with it. The server issues seem to be getting ironed out but I'm still having the odd issue when catching something or in a gym battle. 38 different species caught so far, I found a Jynx on the first day but the servers crashed and I lost it. I tend to go a lot of late night walks so it gives me something to do, hitting up Pokestops all over the south side of Glasgow. I used it in the city centre for the first time yesterday, an hour later I'd only moved a distance that would usually take 10 minutes to walk. It was just too dense.

Evolutions I've managed are Drowzee > Hypno, Rattata > Raticate, Caterpie > Metapod, Weedle > Kakuna, and Pidgey > Pidgeotto > Pidgeot. I've caught a few evolved ones too, namely a Golbat (I had tons of Zubats beforehand), and both Poliwhirl and Tentacruel without even seeing their prevolutions. I have a 669 Hypno and a 534 Golbat so I do pretty well in most battles. My highlight came last night around 1am, on the way to get fags from the 24 hour shop I stumbled across (and caught) this fella...

13654306_1577019745934772_50908577391192

I don't care how lame it is to be excited about it, I caught a fucking dragon 2 minutes from my house.

Edited by Juan Manforce

• Paid Members

I've never played a Pokemon game either. My brothers were big into the cards and the Gameboy games when I was a teenager but it never appealed.

So far, I've caught a Squirtle on my PC screen at work. Seems to be suggesting i have to walk around to find other stuff. Fuck that!

My town sucks, there isn't a single Gym or Pokespot anywhere near where I live or the surrounding aeas. I went out in the car and did the food shop earlier and again, nothing to be found. Plenty around my work in Cardiff, but I can't wait until Monday.

Got three Pokestops and two gyms within half a mile of work. And another stop about a mile away.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I've never played a Pokemon game in my life, it never appealed at all. This looks like loads of fun though, it's going to take over the whole bloody world isn't it? My Twitter's full of it already and it's not even out properly here yet.

I remember collecting the cards in school and I had Pokemon Red and we used to connect our Gameboy Color's together to trade.

• Moderators

I did another loop of Pokestops on my lunch. The local gym had been taken over by the Blue team. I won it back and put a Pidgeotto to defend it. Got back to work and found it had be taken over by blue again.

Do you know how to claim your rewards for holding a gym? I just found out today from reading that link that was posted on here recently.

• Paid Members

I did another loop of Pokestops on my lunch. The local gym had been taken over by the Blue team. I won it back and put a Pidgeotto to defend it. Got back to work and found it had be taken over by blue again.

Do you know how to claim your rewards for holding a gym? I just found out today from reading that link that was posted on here recently.

Go to the shop. Any coins earned show on the top right hand corner.