Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• Moderators

See, I've never even seen a Magikarp. How do you get one of them? When I'm out and about, I'm averaging a zubat and a ratatta every couple of minutes, but anything else is varied.

I think it might be one of the ones that pops up more near water..? My office has a fountain in the courtyard and a canal very nearby and have got every one of them here, and not a single catch anywhere near home.

• Paid Members

I have 24 Magikarp candy. Haven't caught that many.

I'm level ten now. My strongest Pokemon is a Hypno I evolved and have put time into and it stands at something like 630cp. It's not strong enough to take a gym by itself. When do I start seeing really strong Pokermon?

• Paid Members

Christ, I only have 38 or so Magikarp. Almost 10% there :/ They are definitely more common near rivers, lakes etc.

Level 16 too, but I haven't even attempted to take a gym yet, more because of the fact I haven't been close enough to one for long enough to battle. Went for a drink at the local earlier this week and our old UKFF AWOL Burchills Buddy went outside 2/3 times to re-take the gym near car park! I've got him well and truly hooked on this.

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

I haven't bothered naming any of mine since I found out that only you seen your nicknames; other people don't see them if you take a gym :(

I understand why, but still sad about it. Fearow Agnew is still in my top 6 for CP though for now!

Edit - on gyms. It doesn't take long to take one and it's well worth doing, even if you only do it once a day to quickly cash in before someone steals it back and get your 10 coins. In 20 days time you'll be able to afford a bigger backpack just doing that!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

For anyone (on Android) with few Pokestops near home and not wanting to spend any real money in game, It's really worth downloading the Google rewards app from the Play Store.

A few ticks in boxes will give you Google Play credits which can be used in game. Obviously it doesn't give you huge amounts, but I've managed to get a few lots of Pokeballs at no extra expense.

Is the text in the Pokedex profiles all fucked up for anyone else?

If you are using an Android phone, then I am having the same problem. Apparently it could be to do with the resolution that the game is trying to use (1080).