Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• Paid Members

Thanks for the friend requests @DEF and presumably @Onyx2? Lovely stuff

@Keith Houchen I only need one more to finish a quest step so I found your code a few pages back and sent you a request, I hope you don’t mind

I woke up at 6am this morning, logged in and saw a Pinsir silhouette was on the pokestop 10 mins away. I jumped out of bed, ran down there and I’m now up to 140 on the original dex. Just Charizard, Starmie, Marowak, Kangaskhan, Taurus, Omastar, 3 birds and Mewtwo to go now. Think I’m going to have to try and join a raid group soon! 

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

How was Totodile day? Shiny spawn rate was insane, we got 10 between 3 of us. The IVs were hot garbage though. 

Off to a wood near Billericay we've never visited before. So cool that this game makes us go and explore areas we've never been to that are really near where we live! 

• Paid Members

I only played from home and then travelling to a football match so I didn’t go to my usual place. Only got decent Totodiles but they’re better than the Feraligtars I already have. Had to trade with someone to get a shiny. The trade made it better as all shinys are usually shit unless they’re from a raid or a hatch. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I didn't manage to get to my usual spot for community days until about 11. As such I only managed 2 Shinys. The wife got 6 though so I traded with her. Meant I got all three evolutions so it wasn't a complete loss. To be honest this one I wasn't too hyped for. It's not like there were decent bonuses for participating.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Added a bunch of you in here after picking the game back up over the last few days. Strange how much has changed since I stopped playing!

2018 was a prime year. Apart from adding a new gen, adding friends has opened up all sorts of possibilities including PVP.

• Paid Members

Yep it's a brilliant time to come back to the game. I don't play much PvP but it has a lot of potential.

I look forward to it getting a bit warmer. It puts a bit of a dampener on my usual PoGo enthusiasm.

• 5 months later...

Okay, I'm getting pretty frustrated here. Decided to give Pokemon Go another whirl and I'm trying to level up some of my critters. Apparently I can Power Up using stardust or candy. It allows me to power up using the stardust but won't let me power up using the candy. I.e I've got 5 Squirtle candy and it says it only costs 1 to power up, but if I click to power up it just says 'Need more stardust'. I thought the whole point of getting more candy was that it's more efficient to power up that way?

Sorry for bumping the thread for such a stupid issue. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Okay, I'm getting pretty frustrated here. Decided to give Pokemon Go another whirl and I'm trying to level up some of my critters. Apparently I can Power Up using stardust or candy. It allows me to power up using the stardust but won't let me power up using the candy. I.e I've got 5 Squirtle candy and it says it only costs 1 to power up, but if I click to power up it just says 'Need more stardust'. I thought the whole point of getting more candy was that it's more efficient to power up that way?

Sorry for bumping the thread for such a stupid issue. 

You need Candy & Stardust to power them up.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Ah, that would explain it @DEF - Knew I'd be missing something obvious, thought I could use one or the other. Cheers. 

No worries. For what it's worth I wouldn't power up a pokemon until its on its final evolution and has a strong IV in the 90% range. So I'd catch a 90% Squirtle first, then only power it up once I've evolved it to Blastoise.

• Awards Moderator

7260 3948 1683

Go for it! 

Shout if you need help getting back into it. It's had a lot of changes. 

After 900 candy, finally caught my shiny Magikarp last week 🥰 🐠