kebab chat

air_raid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

love a kebab. It was always a guilty stop of after the pub/club treat. But likewise, Kebab's are proper food, not just junk. Sure sometimes, but I work off Edgware Road and there are pleanty of proper lebanese places with lamb and chicken shawarmas! mmmm.... shawarma 

Munchie box is gaining tractin in Preston, mainly cos ofth huge Scots contingent.. Cafe Zeus, and yes I want them to do a No Holds Barred Burger, do a variation on that which is basically, the world's most giant kebabe with BBQ kebab chilli sauce.. And yes it's beyond epic

Where about in Edinburgh is Ola Kala? I'm always keen to tuck in to a propet kebab

I don't live up that way, although I visit a friend 3-4 times a year, but the address is: 202 Morrison St. Its down the road from some really nice pubs as well...so make a bit of an afternoon out of it hah.

Love Edinburgh as well, very nice city.

• Paid Members

Where about in Edinburgh is Ola Kala? I'm always keen to tuck in to a propet kebab

I don't live up that way, although I visit a friend 3-4 times a year, but the address is: 202 Morrison St. Its down the road from some really nice pubs as well...so make a bit of an afternoon out of it hah.[/size]

Love Edinburgh as well, very nice city.

I know exactly the area your talking about. Not far from where i work. I can feel a post work visit coming soon.

• Paid Members

There used to be a kebab van about 20 metres from on of my old houses. It was both amazing and terrible because it was impossible not to go for one after a night out. Must have had a least a hundred. Same bloke served me every single time and never gave me a flicker of recognition. Brilliant.

• Paid Members

In Gateshead, the best kebabs I've had have been from Gino's on Sheriff Hill, Pizza Stop in Bill Quay and Mo's Pizza in the Town Centre.

There used to be one in the Haymarket area of Newcastle that I liked, but it's went downhill over the years. 

My local pub has an annual kebab festival. Beers, bands and yeah, kebabs. You can have you post drink nosh before you even leave the pub! 

In Acton Town recently, I had a nice one near the Tube Station. 

• Paid Members

Apparently Europe's largest kebab factory is in burton, by the train station, Roebuck and Kerry Foods.

I don't know if its true its the largest, I hope it is, but the smell when you get out the train station at the right time is amazing.

• Paid Members

Good lord, what I have I created?

Chorlton is well skill for kebabs. Turkish Delight do a great chicken kofte but over the road, Panicios do a wicked mixed kebab.

I'll try and remember that when I'm staggering between Bar and the bus stop rather than tottering as usual into Atlantic for sausage, chips and curry sauce. Miss living in Stretford only because I could walk home with that under my arm and it still be hot when I got in.

Archived