kebab chat

air_raid

• Paid Members

I just went to the shops and was propositioned by a fat, cracked out hooker on my road. Broad daylight. 2:30pm. I thought Tottenham was getting gentrified?!

Is Tottenham Best Kebab REALLY where you can get the best kebab in Tottenham, or is that just slick marketing?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Best kebabs in London are on Harringay Green Lanes. So many Turkish restaurants there, the competition is ridiculously high, so the food in most of those places is top-notch. Always huge queues outside them, mostly of Turkish/Turkish Cypriots, so you know they're good.

• Paid Members

Oh, if you're talking a proper grill, yeah. Also there's a few nice ones in Wood Green. But if you want a massive, greasy combination kebab for £12 that'll last you three days, N15 is the one.

Anywhere that calls itself Best Kebab is surely shite. The one in Glasgow, one of my mates got a kebab from there, took two bites then offered it to a homeless guy, who refused it when he found out where it came from. Guy said he hadn't eaten in two days but would rather starve than eat that.

Best Takeaway in Gloucester, was pretty decent for it's chips, mainly because it did actual chippy style chips, prefer them to takeaways that just do 'fries' as a rule. Continuing a trend though the best kebab shop in Preston, mysteriously 'burnt down' the other week, which makes it something like 6 of the better takeaways to go up in smoke over the last 3 or 4 years

• Paid Members

if you want a massive, greasy combination kebab for £12 that'll last you three days, N15 is the one.

£12. For a kebab!

Lamb doner, chicken doner, lamb shish, chicken shish, Adana kebab, kofte kebab, salad and sauce. Trust me. It's three days dinner right there.

• Paid Members

If you're after a Turkish sit-down meal Gokyuzu in Green Lanes is fucking ace. And not crazy expensive either. Good meat and an Efes, lovely stuff.

Gokyuzu is ace, as is their Wood Green branch. I've found, however, that various restaurants on the Lanes are better at certain things - Gokyuzu's great for stews, Hala do the best fancy stuff (like chef's specials, yoghurt-and-butter sauce kebabs and quail kebab [i know]), and Devran do the best standard kebab grills.

Harran, just near the railway bridge, are great in that they do the whole gamut pretty well for a decent-enough price (for London, anyway).

• Paid Members

If you're after a Turkish sit-down meal Gokyuzu in Green Lanes is fucking ace. And not crazy expensive either. Good meat and an Efes, lovely stuff.

Gokyuzu is ace, as is their Wood Green branch. I've found, however, that various restaurants on the Lanes are better at certain things - Gokyuzu's great for stews, Hala do the best fancy stuff (like chef's specials, yoghurt-and-butter sauce kebabs and quail kebab [i know]), and Devran do the best standard kebab grills.

Harran, just near the railway bridge, are great in that they do the whole gamut pretty well for a decent-enough price (for London, anyway).

Cheers, not tried Harran. Will give that a go next time I'm in the area!

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of kebab shops with shit and/or stupid names.

Bunnies Takeaway: 'Home of the 99p Lamb Burger'. Some things are too cheap and a lamb burger at 99p is one of them.

Best Favourite Fried Chicken. Grammar be damned, although tragically renamed to the Istanbul last time I checked.

Bodrum Kebabs II near Stamford Bridge. If only because I always wanted to find out where Bodrum Kebabs I was.

Also, I want to know where kebab shops get their rectum shattering hot sauce from. My arse turns into Chernobyl the morning after a chicken shish with that stuff on.

Archived