kebab chat

air_raid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had exactly one kebab in my life and it was from a Turkish joint in Berlin where competition is also really high because Berlin is Turkish. I have no idea what was in it apart from halloumi - the cheese of dreams - because I just said yes to everything but it was the nicest thing I've ever eaten and it lasted the length of WrestleMania this year.

I'm afraid of having one again now. This thread's given me a serious urge to try one this weekend.

• Paid Members

In North Acton there's a business park where you can buy the meat directly from the suppliers of all the top Lebanese restaurants in London for 1/10th the price. If you're in the area check it out. You'll eat the best kebab possible for pennies.

• Paid Members

My home towns Best Kebab kebabs are very much a waste of money. However, they did keep me grotesquely overweight thanks to their incredible Chicken Pakora pizzas.

These days I'm very much a shish kebab man. A shame because back in the day those first few handfuls of donner meat gave me the same rush as a new Tori Black anal video.

• Paid Members

I've alarmingly began to enjoy a kebab when I haven't even been on a night out drinking. If the wife pops home for a few days with the kids, a greasy kebab is often on the cards. Downside is it stops me having a shit for at least 3 days and I'm pretty certain i put on a stone of weight over night. 

The best kebab i've ever had was in Turkey in a town called Dalyan. There, whilst it's still done on a spit, it's put together with actual cuts of lamb that's painstakingly built up throughout the day whilst being previously marinated in spices etc. It was fucking phenomenal.  

• Paid Members

I've alarmingly began to enjoy a kebab when I haven't even been on a night out drinking.

When I become Prime Minister the first thing I'm doing is bringing back capital punishment for that.

Naan or Pitta for a kebab, may as well go there, now we have our own thread.. I'm Naan all the way, lived in the North too long. Get panic symptoms when the kebab is served up in a Pitta:/

• Paid Members

Kebabs are so last decade.

What you want is a munch box. Donner, shish, chicken donner, veg pakora, chicken pakora, onion rings, chips and a naan. Served in a pizza box.

yeh, i've noticed most kebab joint have this kind of deal going on now, it's always right at the bottom of the menu and is usually listed as the '*insert kebab shop name* Special'. They just throw everything in there, it'a pure muck.

I haven't seen it served in a pizza box though, interesting.

Archived