Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

One champ also means that you get a new number one contender every other month from each brand or maybe longer which makes it mean something when it happens rather than what you see at the moment where it feels that there is always a number one contenders match with the same people every other week, Styles could have won the world title in the Rumble, could have won the title against Reigns, could have got himself into the MITB match etc. It would probably be much worse with two world titles, keep it as one world title, create some good storylines that are not rushed and use the US/IC belts properly as 'TV' titles.

Also if we were to assume that the brands share all the PPVS and had their own matches (e.g. Raw vs Raw, Smackdown vs Smackdown) they could have number one contenders matches on these shows to make it more significant, it doesn't always have to be about titles.  

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World title on both shows. Tag titles on both shows. Womens title on both shows.

Intercontinental and Hardcore title on Raw. US and Cruiserweight title on Smackdown.

Sorted!

They won't have a Hardcore title, the last one was before Benoit and all that concussion shit and them turning PG which makes thumb tacks and barbed wire shots impossible on TV.

World title on both shows. Tag titles on both shows. Womens title on both shows.

Intercontinental and Hardcore title on Raw. US and Cruiserweight title on Smackdown.

Sorted!

They won't have a Hardcore title, the last one was before Benoit and all that concussion shit and them turning PG which makes thumb tacks and barbed wire shots impossible on TV.

how many hardcore title matches went beyond trash cans and cooking sheets though? Not that I'd bring the belt back. There was room for it to be decently important in like 05 with all the ECW nostalgia, instead of the shitty third brand they ended up doing.  Who's 'hardcore' nowadays who wouldn't be held back by a belt associated with one Crash Holly held 63 thousand times?

• Paid Members

I know they won't. I just wish they would. And I don't think they ever had thumbtacks and barbed wire in Hardcore title matches. It was usually stuff like Big Bossman shoving Al Snow's head in a urinal or hitting each other on the back with brooms. They were always played for laughs and I think you could have a great Hardcore division with dudes like Heath Slater, Bo Dallas, Jack Swagger, Titus O Neal and Sheamus. Good to have some variety.

If they go for two Women's titles, do they revert back to Women (RAW) and Diva (SmackDown) and essentially ruin the work they've tried to take the stigma attached to the "divas" division away? Or do they have RAW's Women's champion and SmackDown's Women's champion?

• Paid Members

For what it's worth, Meltzer says they'll be going with two world champs.

Which title will the winner of the MITB go for? Will it depend on which show he is on? Will he get to choose which title he want to fight for as he is the MITB winner?

This just reminded me of one of the worst bits of the previous brand split. How those fucking horrific PPVs that are named after gimmick matches (Elimination chamber, HIAC, MITB, etc) would feature the same gimmick match more than once because of the two titles. I hate that.

Women's title needs to be on one brand. Doesn't mean you can't have women on the other though. Maybe split it so the non-wrestler women like Lana and Alex Bliss are on SD.

Sorted!

how many hardcore title matches went beyond trash cans and cooking sheets though? Not that I'd bring the belt back. There was room for it to be decently important in like 05 with all the ECW nostalgia, instead of the shitty third brand they ended up doing. Who's 'hardcore' nowadays who wouldn't be held back by a belt associated with one Crash Holly held 63 thousand times?

Crash Holly is dead and so are many others from that era, or at least physical messes, getting hit with trash cans and baking sheets will eventually lead to concussions, which them and all physical sports are trying to cut back on.

Sorted!

how many hardcore title matches went beyond trash cans and cooking sheets though? Not that I'd bring the belt back. There was room for it to be decently important in like 05 with all the ECW nostalgia, instead of the shitty third brand they ended up doing. Who's 'hardcore' nowadays who wouldn't be held back by a belt associated with one Crash Holly held 63 thousand times?

Crash Holly is dead and so are many others from that era, or at least physical messes, getting hit with trash cans and baking sheets will eventually lead to concussions, which them and all physical sports are trying to cut back on.

Well nowadays they'd be cracked across the back rather than unprotected to the head. I see what you are saying but the popularity of drugs in the wrestling biz at the time was far more harmful than weapon shots, even if one contributed to the other

Sorted!

Well nowadays they'd be cracked across the back rather than unprotected to the head. I see what you are saying but the popularity of drugs in the wrestling biz at the time was far more harmful than weapon shots, even if one contributed to the other
I get what your saying but I just can't see them adding a full division for that stuff and it would get a little boring watching guys get hit in the back with chairs and stuff and would take away some of the pop for those shots during PPVs like Extreme Rules and other gimmick matches.

I'm guessing it's Women one brand Cruiserweight the other.

• Paid Members

Tag Teams, I'm so sure on it. Teams are coming in together like Gallows/Anderson, TMDK and such these days with WWE, they're making a massive deal of the tag division in both WWE and NXT. Bar the whole Golden Truth, Fandango/Breeze thing, there hasn't been any real teams coming together without a backstory since the Social Outcasts started and before that probably New Day, the amount of Tag/Stable rivalry that could happen, especially as I'd expect AJ to go to SmackDown as with The Club. Gives people getting a call up as a tag more importance as well with them coming up to go straight for the gold like Enzo/Cass, Vaidevillains etc. I feel that's why both got placed in the position they did at the same time. 

Archived