Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

• Paid Members

Yay, a draft.

This has clearly been coming for a while. The US title has seemed Smackdown exclusive for ages. Be a great way to keep Reigns and Cena apart until WM.

Agree about the lack of a storyline. Unless they pretend WWE.com doesn't exist and write one anyway.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad they've just announced it rather than a storyline, does anyone really want a battle for control between Shane vs Steph/Trips taking up the shows for ages before we get a brand split which would be obvious where they're heading anyway.

Or maybe this announcement will lead to tension or something between them thus creating a story from it rather than the other way round

I think two distinct shows should have two distinct champions, even if you are doing a shameless retcon on something that only seems like it happened yesterday when they stuck those belts back together.

For the first few years of the brand split those belts appeared distinctive and more or less of equal importance to me. The Raw title eventually trumping on PPV by default from 2004 on.

It can be done.

Interesting that the brand split takes place a week before Battleground. You would've expected them to do something like this post PPV. That way they'll know where the champions will end up (pending PPV results) assuming there's going to be a draft on the go home Raw for Battleground.

I think two distinct shows should have two distinct champions, even if you are doing a shameless retcon on something that only seems like it happened yesterday when they stuck those belts back together.

For the first few years of the brand split those belts appeared distinctive and more or less of equal importance to me. The Raw title eventually trumping on PPV by default from 2004 on.

It can be done.

I agree.

I hated that period when there was only the undisputed champion between both shows.

Just don't give the new Title to Jack Swagger.

• Paid Members

Absolutely devastated that we're all going to have to pretend the words "brand split" and worse, "brand extension" are real phrases that make sense in the English language, again.

• Paid Members

13 new call ups sounds a lot. Especially given how the likes of Corbin & Crews seemingly aren't ready who do we think could be deemed ready? Bailey, American Alpha, Joe, The Revival. That's about it for me.

• Paid Members

13 new call ups sounds a lot. Especially given how the likes of Corbin & Crews seemingly aren't ready who do we think could be deemed ready? Bailey, American Alpha, Joe, The Revival. That's about it for me.

Balor, Nakamura, Aries, Roode, EY. I know a couple of those aren't 100% under contract down there, but still. It'll leave NXT as an actual developmental territory.

Archived