Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

Oh sweet Christ! Can you imagine how these three hour Raw's could lag with only half a crew? This is insane to me. They have a ton of talent, sure, but none of them are over like stars, and then you're going to cut the star power directly down the middle. I'm not sure about this one.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't matter what show someone is on, given they will be both live and on the same network.

SyFy was not as popular as the USA Network and the show wasn't live and at one point on Friday nights, so obviously it would seem like one is better.

The only difference is, one will be 3 hours and the other 2.

You sort of have to have two figurehead champs, though, I think.

As there challenger will only be on one show.

I think having Raw and Smackdown champs has to happen. I've always thought that if they do a proper split, the main event of Mania should always be Raw champ v Smackdown champ for some sort of 'MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE' trophy.

• Paid Members

Question: if Smackdown is going to be live for two hours, any chance the network/WWE would be happy to let Raw reduce to two hours since I'm assuming the Smackdown live two hours would make up for one less hour on a Monday?

I think it'll add more importance to the all 3 titles, in the early days of the draft the world champion appeared on both shows and it made him and the belt important.

I can see Cena taking the US title back soon after his return, Orton being IC champion could be a nice change for him

• Paid Members

Team Cena and go fuck yourself.

Hopefully this means a certain classy belt is indeed coming back.

I suppose the brand split is good in that it creates a couple of episodes of Smackdown that may be worth watching. Long term, oh boy.

You sort of have to have two figurehead champs, though, I think.

As there challenger will only be on one show.

I think having Raw and Smackdown champs has to happen. I've always thought that if they do a proper split, the main event of Mania should always be Raw champ v Smackdown champ for some sort of 'MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE' trophy.

That's what basically happens in all American sports, NFL Superbowl - NFC Vs AFC, MLB World Series - American League Vs National League, NBA Finals - Eastern Conference Vs Western Conference.

So it wouldn't be weird or confusing to the American audience.

Archived