Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

For what it's worth, Meltzer says they'll be going with two world champs.

Which title will the winner of the MITB go for? Will it depend on which show he is on? Will he get to choose which title he want to fight for as he is the MITB winner?

So they should.

Two brands sharing one title has always been shit and defeats the purpose of separate brands imo. It's how they present the new title that matters most.

They run another tournament to determine who will be champion. Reigns keeps the current belt on Raw and the tournament winner (probably Cena) gets a revamped winged belt on Smackdown.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every other week there feels like there is a title tourney, it's boring now. 

Two titles is the only thing that will ruin this for me, the WWE can't even create a proper division for the IC/US titles let alone do two world titles. 

Cesaro doing his utmost best to soil it.

Not sure if that's a typo or not but it made me chuckle.

When the twat siren went of on Raw while Mr & Mrs Miz were kissing did anyone else hope it was RTC instead?

Back on topic, yeah Cesaro can fuck off to smackdown.

gutted about this. since Mania this is the most i've consistently enjoyed the product week-to-week in absolutely yonks. feel like this can only hamper things

Just thinking about how to fill Raw, looking at the roster, they already have these guys who weren't on Raw (I don't think) this week for various reasons:

Cena, Rusev, Ryback, Big Show, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Brawn Strowman, Darren Young, Del Rio, Goldust, R-Truth, Fandango, Kalisto, Sin Cara, Mark Henry, The Ascension, Titus O'Neill, Tyler Breeze.

I mean, that's not a second roster but it's a shitload of guys who they can use in some capacity. Triple H & Lesnar are in the background as part timers too. Not to mention a whole bunch of women.

Using the assumptions that the rosters will be divided equally from the wrestlers currently listed on the website and each show will have their own set of championships, you're left with c. 25 blokes (including current tag teams, based on another assumption that they won't be split up) and c. seven women. It's going to take heaps of work to fill the time they've got, elevate the midcard fodder quickly enough to stop the likes of the US title dying on its arse (again) as well as any new titles.

If they do have a Cruiserweight belt for one show, it's probably best to have the women that wrestle on the other show.

Then a few Valets like Lana & Maryse on the show with the cruiserweights, so it's not just all men.

It will be interesting to see the tag division, I don't think they have over enough tag teams to have 2 belts.

• Awards Moderator

I don't want two World Champions. Champ gets to be on both shows, that's what I want. Make him stand out, make him special, make him THE guy. As long as they don't prioritise challenges on one show over the other I believe it can work.

"He's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's THE guy… well, on a Tuesday he's THE guy, there's another guy on a Monday, he's also THE guy, so really there are two guys who are THE guy, they're equally THE guy but our THE guy is better than theirs, unless theirs goes on last at Mania", no thank you.

Fuck it, Women's champion and Tag champions should be able to be on both shows as well. Otherwise they'll end up either having to have two of each again, or having that situation where half the teams are on one show but can never be champion because the titles are on the other show.

Make the IC title exclusive to one show and the US exclusive to the other. 

I don't think I'm going to like this brand split.

• Paid Members

Having 2 World Champions will always result in one of them looking shitter than the other, which defeats the whole point.

1 champ who Reigns above both shows is what I'd like to see.

Archived