Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

The rumoured Regal-HHH feud was a few years later, when Hunter was babyface champion and Lord was evil King of the Ring GM. Then he got caught on the PEDs, suspended, and came back a couple of months later in a shit swimming costume thing and that was the end of that.

Didn't Regal end a Raw just before his suspension by sitting in the middle of the ring, throwing his toys out of his pram and getting the lights shut off?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He started a Raw like that, he threatened to keep the lights off in the arena until the crowd were silent.  The week before that he went into the production truck and pulled Raw off the air during the closing moments of the main event.  Regal was great as the GM

• 2 weeks later...

It seems all listings of the extra PPVs this year have been removed on Wiki etc.  Also WWE don't have any tickets on sale for the rumoured Backlash and No Mercy events in Sep/Oct even though the names of the arenas that were going to host such events were listed. Has WWE pulled the plug on these extra PPVs or are they just waiting until it's closer to the time before they announce that the tickets are available officially ?

It looks like we're going to see all of the Draft picks live this Tuesday.  The Network will air a 1 hour show before Smackdown goes on air and there's going to be a post 1 hour show after Smackown goes off the air.  Plus it seems they're running the Draft Center alongside Smackdown on the Network to air footage while USA Network go to commercial breaks.

• Paid Members

That's a good idea, and makes perfect sense. I think I'll avoid spoilers for this one (I'm not staying up to watch it, though). Will have to be a weird set-up of watching the first hour on the network, then watching my recorded Smackdown on Sky in sync with the draft centre at the same time on my tablet.

Observer says Vince is umming and ahhing about the top guys on each show in the fallout of Reigns failing the test, and that he obviously wasn't happy about it. Might explain some reluctance in advertising at the moment if they're still deciding who is going where.

Given the draft is next Tuesday, surely Vince/WWE should have the rosters sorted out by now. I know WWE seem to make changes up until the day of the shows, but I guess I hoped a new direction for the shows would also mean that they would plan in advance for what they were actually going to do!

Not really keen on Daniel Bryan as a suggested name, think his time has come and gone and the thought of Bryan vs Authority this time with brands fills me with dread.

I would rather a Heyman or Bischoff have a roll of the dice, yes I know its been done before also but would prefer them two any day of the week to a Bryan. 

He'd be an easy one to sell to the fans though because he can do wrong in their eyes.

Id like for Bischoff myself, but he seems quite content with other stuff he's got going on outside of wrestling. Same with Heyman and his ad agency.

If your going to go heels on RAW with Steph and (most likely) HHH, Smackdown will need to be the opposite and I reckon it will end being Bryan or Foley alongside Shane

Foley and Shane sounds like a cool mix for Smackdown. It could be all very sycophantic but if it works well I reckon Foley could bring that nice, welcoming 2000 era comedy back to the show and breath life into it. Of course with a Ben Hur cast of young writers attempting to consciously make this happen it'll probably blow up as a sickening pastiche but y'know... in theory.

It's much more palatable than Bryan grinning at everything and telegraphing everything he is going to say five minutes in advance FOR. THE. FANS. I love Daniel Bryan but I want all of him or none of him. And I reckon he feels the same.

Archived