Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to the Draft in a few weeks.  It's going to be interesting to see the lay of the land.

I feel the same.

In the end it may prove a good or bad idea to have a new brand split but either way the first few weeks will be intriguing, I hope they don't half arse it.

I'm not usually on the same page as UK Kat Von D, but I think it's a fair point. If you have a subscription already, you're going to be interested in Mania at least. Most will be interested in Rumble and Summerslam too. Most will pay an extra tenner to watch on there rather than risking streams or paying more through a cable company. I wouldn't be surprised if they went that way.

Have they got the Network in all the big markets they want now? I think they'll make sure they've got enough new content ideas, steady subscriptions for a decent amount of time, and in all markets if they're not already before going for something along those lines.

• Paid Members

The only thing I can see happen is an increase in monthly subscriptions to make up for the extra PPVs. Which would be fair enough. If they charged £15 a month for the Network it would be worth it.

Beat me to it. This is all I see happening. It'll go up to 11.99 or 12.99 a month to off set the cost difference without being likely to chase off any current subscribers. Which at the end of the day is still incredibly reasonable for even only 1 PPV show a month plus all the other content.

Surely Roadblock was so-called because it took place "on the Road to WrestleMania" between Royal Rumble and the big event itself (same as Fast Lane). Yet now they've moved it to December?

• Paid Members

Surely Roadblock was so-called because it took place "on the Road to WrestleMania" between Royal Rumble and the big event itself (same as Fast Lane). Yet now they've moved it to December?

I don’t think in the wacky world of WWE that pay-per-view names are supposed to adhere 100% to the laws of logic and reason, so much as sound “cool” and get people to watch them.

• Paid Members

I wonder how the Draft show will play out. No doubt we'll get a couple of part-timers and a surprise or two (potentially The Rock) out there for a pop and what not, but I wonder if they'll see the show as a grand way of doing a big Summer angle. I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity if it all ends with with them going "Well, that's your two brand rosters. Now, business as usual".

• Paid Members

But isnt that the point? The shows wont be different in parity anymore, as they will both be live. I imagine it will take a little while to make them seem 'equal' and therefore they will probably load the Tuesday shows for a little while?

• Paid Members

Really struggling to muster any enthusiasm for the Roster Split this time round. It’s early days but it feels like they haven't learnt much from the last one. Two GM’s, Increased single roster PPV’s, two belts probably called the WWE Title and the World Title and the same old way of doing the draft – they’re even calling it a Brand Extension again which still definitely isn’t real words. Early signs are they’ve learnt nothing from the last time.

Fingers crossed they flood the roster with likes of Tajiri and Regal and we can all at least have a laugh during the 18 hour week of WWE content.

Archived