Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What will the announce teams be like do you reckon? I don't imagine huge changes on Raw, but Saxton definitely should not continue to do both shows (even if he was any good at anything, like). Now King's suspended and possibly done, Mauro's gonna need a partner or 2. hopefully just the one, eh?

i don't get the three-man teams at all. it used to be so simple that commentators would call the action, providing psychology and such and their secondary job as commentators was to get faces over or heels if they were a colour comm.

Now we have

Saxton - he plays the role of the overly disgusted one at big heel angles, providing meaningless, false-sounding soundbytes in the mean time

JBL - fucking christmas sports trivia book who's supposed to side with heels but has a really fucking low threshold for what he finds acceptable. One week a jump attack could be BRILLIANT!! the next he'll put his sad voice on and go on about how that was hard to watch. mercilessly bullies Saxton because ??????

Cole - bored sounding action caller, rarely bothers to voice any opinion, occasionally joins in with Saxton abuse in a Richard 'The Hamster' Hammond-esque way

what the fuck are their ROLES?!?!?

Bray was a heel desperately trying to give no-effort feuds with Ryback any substance at all. There's just no excuse for him to have the lower-midcard throw-them-out-there PPV slot

could easily be wrong but reckon face Wyatt has more shelf life as a singles act and could easily be done better than before. Harper has long been criminally underutilized. Rowan's dead weight, nothing interesting about him. Strowman looks good and scary and then it all goes to fuckery once a bell rings.

If you don't wanna fire two of them, have Harper lead the group into turning on Bray.

You could have something where Bray is split from them and the Wyatt Family go their own way under Harper as they are on opposite shows and then have them meet at a joint PPV and have them properly turn on Bray, then maybe at The Rumble have Bray take them all out in the rumble or something like that and set something up further down the line. 

• Paid Members

What will the announce teams be like do you reckon?

Raw unchanged, I'd imagine.

I'm working on the assumption that Lawler is done in that role at least - they seem to have been shuffling him out for a little while anyway, this suspension (and the reason for it) plus the new brand split seems the ideal time to move him out entirely.

Guessing therefore Smackdown will be Ranallo, Graves and... Bryan?

Apparently a list of future PPVs has leaked and it looks like there will be a PPV for each brand per month apart from months the 'Big 4' fall on.

Backlash will return as a Smackdown exclusive PPV in September and Clash Of The Champions will be a Raw exclusive PPV also in September.

No Mercy will return as a Smackdown exclusive PPV in October and HIAC will become a Raw exclusive PPV from October.

PPVs for 2016

Backlash 11th September (Smackdown)

Clash Of Champions 25th September (Raw)

No Mercy 9th October (Smackdown)

Hell In A Cell 30th October (Raw)

TLC 4th December (Smackdown)

Roadblock 18 December (Raw)

I wonder what they wil do with that show they have scheduled in London now in September.

It's on the 7th (a Wednesday) 3 days before the Smackdown PPV and 1 day after the Live SmackDown taping in the US. Maybe it'll be a RAW exclusive show? Such weird timing as it is for a random show but it looks like it definately wont be a network exclusive show seeing as both RAW and SD have PPV's scheduled for September anyway.

• Paid Members

What is the point of 2 PPVs a month now that they've killed their traditional PPV business? Is it going to bump Network sales? Is anyone crying out for another PPV type show a month? It seems all cost and no reward to me. I think the original single brand PPV schedule they had was mush better. This seems like overkill and with no reward financially.

• Paid Members

I think there's much more sense in having a two month build to a single brand PPV but they've already shown that there's legs to Network specials. And that's all these extra PPVs are going to be, it's not the 90's anymore and no one's dropping $40 twice a month on the wrestling.

• Paid Members

They feel new content is the big selling point of the Network and clearly feel doing the 2 shows boosts that aspect greatly. The 2 shows a month could also lead to them putting up the price a bit, with the reason "well, you're getting two for one now".

It's worth a shot, I feel. Personally, I only really watch the new content on the Network these days, so more new content (that is hopefully good) keeps me clicking play.

I'm Excited by this but i never previously watched Smackdown, only Raw and NXT. If my favourite wrestlers get scattered i have to find and extra 2 hours every week and i'm not the best with my attention span.

Is there an option on the network where you can just watch specific matches or segments?

Two month build to single brand PPVs would be torture. If they've got eight weeks to build a Ziggler vs Corbin PPV match, they'll do at least four Ziggler vs Corbin matches. WWE haven't a hope in hell of having full-timers feud for two months and not blowing their wad by doing the match in the first couple of weeks. They're fucking useless.

Archived