Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

Von D would have a valid point if the Network was an overwhelming success but it isn't. £9.99 a month without the PPV's would've still been great value, but they've hyped the Network up as including Wrestlemania and all the other big shows so much, that it would be difficult for them to start charging extra for them.

If there were 3 million subscribers they'd probably take a gamble and start by charging extra for WM each year. As it is, the sub base has stalled at around half that. I don't think an extra £9.99 to watch WM or a SummerSlam would be too unreasonable, but at the same time, I can't see it happening for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I misread and thought you meant upping the subscription per month. But still, I don't think there's any chance they'll do it- it defeats the object of the network. The biggest selling point of the network is the PPVs, and you're talking about charging extra for the four (well, three plus one other) biggest for watching them- no chance. It'd be like Amazon Prime charging extra for the biggest few movies they add to Prime.

I think the only chance of them doing anything like this was maybe WrestleMania, but that ship has now sailed. They'd lose so many subscribers, otherwise that would've been their business model from the start.

Can we stop using the term 'Big Four'? Survivor Series is an utter b-show, in no fucking world can it be considered one of the biggest shows of the year. The only thing it has going for it is the fact it's been around ages. If anything, Money In The Bank's got that 4th place slot these days.

WWE themselves still class Survivor Series as one of the 'Big Four' that's why going forward it will now run at 4 hours long and will be one of the only PPVs alongside WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Royal Rumble to feature both Raw and Smackdown superstars after the Draft.

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we attempt to book the 2016 WWE Draft. At your request, we're talking all about current events, looking at who should go to which show and why, the title situation, NXT call-ups, feuds and stories out of the gate, possible directions for WrestleMania 33 and much more. In addition, we get your thoughts on what you want to see out of this brand split, as we explore ways to make the shows different. A really interesting show breaking down what lies ahead in the world of WWE. Check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/5b49v4/SCG_Radio_89_-_Booking_the_2016_WWE_Draft.mp3

Von D would have a valid point if the Network was an overwhelming success but it isn't. £9.99 a month without the PPV's would've still been great value, but they've hyped the Network up as including Wrestlemania and all the other big shows so much, that it would be difficult for them to start charging extra for them.

If there were 3 million subscribers they'd probably take a gamble and start by charging extra for WM each year. As it is, the sub base has stalled at around half that. I don't think an extra £9.99 to watch WM or a SummerSlam would be too unreasonable, but at the same time, I can't see it happening for the foreseeable future.

Well the Network has been a success, just not an overwhelming one. That's why I think it will be a while before this starts to happen. You've Gotta think this is their end goal though. The brand split and adding more events will be the start of it

No, I'm talking about it like a prediction of what I think will happen. Just like when I predicted Styles would debut straight on the main roster under his name or when I said fans would turn on Reigns when he was still in the Sheild. Nobody believed me then but one day you will all learn to blindly trust my judgement

Wrestlemania was like $60 or something, maybe more for HD.

The WWE would have to charge the same price as the cable companies and remember they only get half, they maybe do a deal that if you are a network subscriber, you can get a $10 off but that's about it.

Why would they have to charge the same as cable companies? They could charge whatever they like on their own network and they keep a much higher percentage of that than using cable companies.

Because that is how it's always done. If HBO & Showtime premium channels have to give them half of every PPV they would tell WWE to fuck off and use it on their network.

Can we stop using the term 'Big Four'? Survivor Series is an utter b-show, in no fucking world can it be considered one of the biggest shows of the year. The only thing it has going for it is the fact it's been around ages. If anything, Money In The Bank's got that 4th place slot these days.

Survivor Series will become the default 4th biggest again if it's one of the 4 that keep both brands though. It does make more sense for Money in the Bank to be the 4th dual-brand one because of the briefcase ramifications, but we've already had this year's MitB so I don't see them doing another one in November.

Hopefully this brand split will mean Survivor Series will have more five on five matches, but would be cool if they could find a way to actually make it worth promoting and watching rather than just another multi man tag team match. 

Whether thats title shots for the winners, ramifications for the losers, something to make you actually want to watch the match. 

I've said it a few times, they should whack the Elimination Chamber on there for the belt, they can tease future feuds, crown new champions and perhaps reboot the title run with a new champion and challenger.

It was started at Survivor Series, the name kind if fits as you have to survive against 5 other guys, that's unless they do have 2 world titles, then you may as well just leave it.

Hopefully this brand split will mean Survivor Series will have more five on five matches, but would be cool if they could find a way to actually make it worth promoting and watching rather than just another multi man tag team match.

Whether thats title shots for the winners, ramifications for the losers, something to make you actually want to watch the match.

Probably not title shots but a bragging rights style match and one brand against the other, heels and faces on the same team. I suppose you could put your top stars who aren't in the title picture in it, especially if they only do one Survivor Series match.

To me though, I'm not sure what bragging rights really does from an interest point of view to the fans. 

I said title shots just so there is something important riding on the match, it sounds shit but bragging rights should be a big thing/deal. 

I suppose it sets up feuds especially for heels, you ruined the match for us blah blah blah and you have one or two mid card feuds same in the run up can these guys get along for their brand etc

I'm not saying it would draw money or something but it would give guys something to do.

I have already said I would very much prefer if there is one belt for it to happen in the Elimination Chamber at Survivor Series but if it's two titles you obviously have to have it after the Rumble, so the other brand gets a Mania contender.

Archived