Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

• Paid Members

Otunga is replacing Lawler this week on Smackdown, don't he do Main Event or Superstars or something, is he any good?

Otunga is such a weird case.

He's got an incredible physique, is a Harvard-educated lawyer, and is married to an Oscar-winning actress. Any one of those things SHOULD be enough to get you onto WWE tv, let alone all 3 in one.

Ok, he's not the greatest wrestler, but they've pushed worse.

If there's a significant knock on him, it's that he's a bit lacking in the charisma department.

So they utilise him exclusively in speaking roles. Odd.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Two month build to single brand PPVs would be torture. If they've got eight weeks to build a Ziggler vs Corbin PPV match, they'll do at least four Ziggler vs Corbin matches. WWE haven't a hope in hell of having full-timers feud for two months and not blowing their wad by doing the match in the first couple of weeks. They're fucking useless.

This is true. But this alternative just means it's as above but with two on "PPV" too.

If they have two Network events a month for free I think it would be fair for them to charge for the big four through the network. An extra tenner for the big events and they'd make a killing while the fans still get a better deal than life before network. I'm sure tight wads would feel entitled to it, fuck them though. They can just watch shitty streams or wait a week for it to be free

I wonder what they wil do with that show they have scheduled in London now in September.

It's on the 7th (a Wednesday) 3 days before the Smackdown PPV and 1 day after the Live SmackDown taping in the US. Maybe it'll be a RAW exclusive show? Such weird timing as it is for a random show but it looks like it definately wont be a network exclusive show seeing as both RAW and SD have PPV's scheduled for September anyway.

Yeah I'm unsure on this, unless the leaked schedule is wrong and the PPV is on the Wednesday instead as a UK Network special. 

The prices of the tickets suggest its a TV/PPV type event though. 

If they have two Network events a month for free I think it would be fair for them to charge for the big four through the network. An extra tenner for the big events and they'd make a killing while the fans still get a better deal than life before network. I'm sure tight wads would feel entitled to it, fuck them though. They can just watch shitty streams or wait a week for it to be free

No, I pay for the network FOR the events. Everything else is a bonus for me.

"Fuck them, they can just watch shitty streams" is a great philosophy for WWE Network strategy going forward.

No, I pay for the network FOR the events. Everything else is a bonus for me.
They'd be giving you extra events, so the amount it will be the same amount that you get now just paying extra for the special ones. If the big events have big matches we are invested in then it's worth it.

Consider it more like Amazon Prime than Netflix. Loads of free shit while occasionally paying for something worth paying for.

Would easily be the first time WWE have used the "fuck them" philosophy when it comes to what the fans want

1. "fuck them tho they can just watch shitty streams"

2. ???

3. PROFIT

Fuck the minority who don't want to pay an extra tenner, most will. The profit part comes from the majority of people who will. A minority will pay for the Network and watch the special events on streams rather than pay extra.

They will probably lose a very small number of subscriptions, but anyone with half a brain will see that it is still a much better deal than the old PPV format. Because basic maths

Archived