Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

• Paid Members

Finn,Bayley, American Alpha for sure. The first two are obvious I think they'll hotshot AA up there too. They've won the gold, finished their feud with The Revival and I don't think faffing about with those two hench Ellering bastards will do much for them.

I'd love Nakamura and Joe to be the other two although I reckon they'll stick around for a bit. No idea on the other two in that case.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that list a give away as to which teams are splitting up?

All the Wyatt Family are there as draftable on their todd where as The New Day are there as a group and not individuals. Lucha Dragons also listed on their own and not in the Tag Team section. And AJ is there on his own but Gallows and Anderson together, so looking like a move away from The Club for Styles and possibly opening the door for Balor instead?

The Club and The Wyatt Family are stables, not Tag Teams though, Anderson and Gallows are a Tag Team within the Stable but the Wyatts dont have that distinction of having a set team within them as they chop and change who tags with who.

The New Day I guess count as a tag team even though there is 3 of them due to the Freebird rule of any combination being Tag Champs so they can all be drafted as one. 

Looking forward to Smackdown more than Raw for a while.  Raw should still be interesting tonight.

I suggested they'd do something along the lines of everyone in NXT being eligable but limited to 5 picks each, which seems pretty close to what they're doing.  PWInsider suggested WWE should make someone from NXT the number one pick (they suggested Balor, natch).  Not a bad idea, but there's no way that'd happen, but can see someone from NXT being in the first few picks.

I wonder if Stephanie will also announce her GM tonight, or if they'll save it for tomorrow.

Reading land of negativity, the Wrestlezone comments section, and a few other places, there's some real excitement about it all, but are people going to be disappointed?  People seem to genuinely think they're going to go all the way with it this time.  Have the shows totally separate.  Vince's speech last week almost seemed to suggest Steph and Shane will for real be running the shows, with the GMs being there as the on screen authority to keep Steph and Shane behind the scenes.  Shane's bit about changing how Smackdown is shot etc was encouraging.  But I can't see it happening.  They'll have a Raw vs Smackdown feud before the end of the year and interpromotional matches at PPVs all the time I'm sure.  Smackdown being live now makes a difference, but I still feel like it being shorter still makes it the B show and moving from Smackdown to Raw will be considered a promotion.  I'm rambling many thoughts I've stored away for the last 3 days, but there's lots of intrigue at least, and way too much WWE to watch over the next week!

WWE have announced on Twitter that Shane and Stephanie will open RAW tonight with the announcement of their respective GMs.

Will be the first RAW ive watched tomorrow since around WrestleMania so lets hope it lives up

The Club and The Wyatt Family are stables, not Tag Teams though, Anderson and Gallows are a Tag Team within the Stable but the Wyatts dont have that distinction of having a set team within them as they chop and change who tags with who.

The New Day I guess count as a tag team even though there is 3 of them due to the Freebird rule of any combination being Tag Champs so they can all be drafted as one. 

And the Social Outcasts? They're there as a tag team.

Looks like those out injured won't be drafted given that there's no Luke Harper, Tyson Kidd, Tamina, Emma or either Bella (if they're both still competing, I really can't remember)

As for Ryback, he's just out in the cold completely.

• Paid Members

Nikki is still officially competing I think, just injured. Brie has retired though.

Edit: there's gotta be something big brewing with Da Big Guy. After the whole hoopla with him happened NOTHING has surfaced. He's still under contract with them. I'm hoping there's some sort of work on the go.

Finn,Bayley, American Alpha for sure. The first two are obvious I think they'll hotshot AA up there too. They've won the gold, finished their feud with The Revival and I don't think faffing about with those two hench Ellering bastards will do much for them.

I'd love Nakamura and Joe to be the other two although I reckon they'll stick around for a bit. No idea on the other two in that case.

Finn, Bayley, American Alpha(maybe one pick as a tag team), Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss or Carmella, and someone like Tye Dillinger or Mojo.

Would love for it to be Finn, Bayley, American Alpha, Nakamura, Joe and Asuka though. Then they have a massive shake-up in NXT as well (hence the including a major update that will change the face of NXT as well from WWE.com).

Edit: there's gotta be something big brewing with Da Big Guy. After the whole hoopla with him happened NOTHING has surfaced. He's still under contract with them. I'm hoping there's some sort of work on the go.

Hasn't he had some surgery on his nose? They will probably punish him when he comes back from that. (losing to Fandango/Breeze/Crews/Ryder etc..)

• Paid Members

there's gotta be something big brewing with Da Big Guy. After the whole hoopla with him happened NOTHING has surfaced. He's still under contract with them. I'm hoping there's some sort of work on the go.

Isn't he just sitting out his contract? It ends anyway later this year, from what I remember.

Obviously they can't now but I hate the name Smackdown and would have liked them to change it as it just feels so late 90's early 2000's

I'm hoping they change the feel and look of both shows or at least one but it will be the same as usual, white ropes, black mats and barriers, metal ramp and a giant Titan tron and red or blue aprons depending on the brand

What NXT lads/ladies are off to the main roster then?

Finn Balor and American Alpha are the obvious choices, who else?

Bayley, Tye Dillinger and Carmella are the only others I can see realistically being called up with what's going on in NXT right now.

Archived