Brand Split II - Confirmed

seph

I'm torn cos I'd love to have either Shinsuke or Joe as new exciting faces as someone who doesn't rate Balor that much, but I would like to see the NXT story run through un-muddied by having an almost certain winner. The Sasha/Bayley matches were my MOTY picks but imagine if the winner wasn't pretty much obvious? 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What NXT lads/ladies are off to the main roster then?

Finn Balor and American Alpha are the obvious choices, who else?

Bayley, Tye Dillinger and Carmella are the only others I can see realistically being called up with what's going on in NXT right now.

Finn,Bayley, American Alpha for sure. The first two are obvious I think they'll hotshot AA up there too. They've won the gold, finished their feud with The Revival and I don't think faffing about with those two hench Ellering bastards will do much for them.

I'd love Nakamura and Joe to be the other two although I reckon they'll stick around for a bit. No idea on the other two in that case.

Finn, Bayley, American Alpha(maybe one pick as a tag team), Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss or Carmella, and someone like Tye Dillinger or Mojo.

Would love for it to be Finn, Bayley, American Alpha, Nakamura, Joe and Asuka though. Then they have a massive shake-up in NXT as well (hence the including a major update that will change the face of NXT as well from WWE.com).

any chance of an Angle comeback in Smackdown GM role? I know I'm fantasizing but that's the only conceivable thing that gets me excited about separate GMs coming in

I realise this isn't really a spoiler, but I'll tag it in case I'm a predictive genius:

Would've been a good angle to have Stephanie name Triple H as her GM, have Shane laugh to himself or something, then tomorrow night SmackDown drafts Triple H as a competitor as he's still active from WrestleMania.

Don't think it can happen though after the rules reveal.

What about the former TNA lads, I know AJ did well in Japan but a guy like Bobby Roode should be able to walk onto an expanding roster, the TNA Heavyweight picture isn't all that different from the WWE style of work, as far as execution anyway.

I realise this isn't really a spoiler, but I'll tag it in case I'm a predictive genius:

Would've been a good angle to have Stephanie name Triple H as her GM, have Shane laugh to himself or something, then tomorrow night SmackDown drafts Triple H as a competitor as he's still active from WrestleMania.

Don't think it can happen though after the rules reveal.

You're about a week late.

Is Triple H draftable (if that's a word)? So Steph names him as her GM, though I can't see him being happy with that, then the following week Shane picks him as his number one pick wrestler to completely fuck Steph's plans.

Although as it turns out, neither were right.

Is Triple H draftable (if that's a word)? So Steph names him as her GM, though I can't see him being happy with that, then the following week Shane picks him as his number one pick wrestler to completely fuck Steph's plans.

For me the most enticing thing about this brand split is just who gets called up from NXT, what show they are on and how they get positioned.

Tiger Rick mentioned in the Youtube thread how on earth do you not, in WWE Kayfabe land go for Joe, Balor and Shinsuke. That is the former champ, the current champ and THE guy in Nakamura. Am I correct in saying there has been no rule that says Shane and Steph CAN'T have this guy or that guy, and it's an open playing field. If so, and Daniel Bryan and Shane have a meeting and go "right, who do we want from NXT" then it surely to god has to be one of the above 3, along with Alpha and Bayley.

Lets say they leave Joe and Nakamura on NXT for non kayfabe reasons - because NXT is a touring brand itself and has to draw money and they know they have this feud in their pocket, then who is it. I am guessing Finn, Bayley and Alpha are shoe ins, so that leaves 3 slots. Well I for one am campaigning for Tye Dillinger, give the guy a shot on Smackdown for fuck sake.

Lets say they leave Joe and Nakamura on NXT for non kayfabe reasons - because NXT is a touring brand itself and has to draw money and they know they have this feud in their pocket, then who is it. I am guessing Finn, Bayley and Alpha are shoe ins, so that leaves 3 slots. Well I for one am campaigning for Tye Dillinger, give the guy a shot on Smackdown for fuck sake.

Finn, Bayley, American Alpha(maybe one pick as a tag team), Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss or Carmella, and someone like Tye Dillinger or Mojo.

Another question: do Raw and Smackdown get three each from NXT?

AA will probably count as 1 won't they? My guess is 4 over to Raw, 2 over to SD but one of those being both Alpha members

and you'd bring up Rawley? fuck mate

• Paid Members

AA will probably count as 1 won't they? My guess is 4 over to Raw, 2 over to SD but one of those being both Alpha members

and you'd bring up Rawley? fuck mate

Personally I think he's shit, but he's not literally nothing left in NXT but a singles run and fuck that. Have him and Ryder team up for a bit and then sack him off in a year.

Archived