UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

2016 is just Bisping's year, isn't it?

I don't expect it to last too long. I still don't fancy him to beat Weidman or Jacare. To be honest, if he rematched Rockhold next I'd still pick Rockhold. It's just one of those things where everything just clicked and fell into place for Bisping this time. From the win over Anderson to Weidman getting injured to the first choice replacement Jacare getting injured to Rockhold himself getting injured. The timing of everything just fell perfectly for a Bisping upset. And I STILL never expected it to happen.

And to think, when that London card was originally announced it was going to be Bisping vs Mousasi. How different things could've been now if that had gone ahead. I love that the two things Bisping was fighting for his whole career - the Anderson Silva fight and a title shot - he's done both in less than six months.

Does anyone think Bisping's shit talking in the build up might've got to Rockhold a bit as well? I thought Bisping already verbally TKO'd him at the press conference on Thursday. It reminded me of the Gloves Are Off for Froch vs Groves 2 where Froch played a blinder, had an answer for everything and there were numerous times Groves sat there looking gormless with his mouth open. There was a bit of that about Rockhold for me this week. I think Bisping's unshakeable self belief and confidence irked him just enough to get in his head.

Bisping could retire now and he's achieved way more than anyone thought him capable of. I genuinely never thought the day would come when fucking Bisping would be in this position. I'm that chuffed I completely forgot the 'first UFC champion from England' bit of the whole story.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Possibly. Going by the body language and what not in the fight, it seemed more like Rockhold was almost too loose in there, in that he was underestimating Bisping. We all did. It wasn't like the Aldo/McGregor fight where Aldo came in all tense and emotional.

Watching the post-fight press conference, I really want them to do an immediate rematch. The smack talk between the pair of them is wonderful.

• Paid Members

Two quick points.

Bellator advertising the London Show during the ad breaks on BT Sports was a stroke of genius. Surely BT would have to consult the UFC before allowing that? Imagine being the UFC and finding out that instead of BT Sports showing the UFC 200 or UFC 202 announcements, they were screening a Kimbo Slice promo.

Bisping mentioned on the post-fight press conference (in between hilariously trolling Rockhold) that he wasn't allowed to carry that Union Jack flag that had been made, filled with tweets of support. Supposedly it went against uniform policy. What the fuck?

Yeah, Reebok are cunts, that's been evident since the outset of this deal.

Just a little note on the "cheeky fiver" someone mentioned. I decided to have a little fun and throw money on a Faber decision and a Bisping KO, which would have netted me around $1800. When Faber lost, I made a quick $20 bet on a Bisping KO... 2nd round. Had I stuck to my original pick of Bisping simply winning by KO, I'd be a moderately wealthy man right now.

I don't like the guy but thought Cruz looked incredible last night - Worth a mention.

Also Holloway's gonna be a monster in that division isn't he? What the fuck was he thinking towards the end of the fight though?

• Paid Members

Hendo and inparticular Bisping where the highlights off the night but Cruz was phenomenal. I can only realistically see Dilishaw possibly beating him in the near future even then I wouldt fancy it.

Hendo and inparticular Bisping where the highlights off the night but Cruz was phenomenal. I can only realistically see Dilishaw possibly beating him in the near future even then I wouldt fancy it.

Not even Mighty Mouse? Cruz/MM is finally a fight involving DJ I want to see.

• Paid Members

I hadn't actually considered Mighty Mouse moving up to be honest. I woulf give him a good shot to be fair. Again would still fancy Cruz though, I fully expect them to give Mighty mouse a fringe top 10 guy when he makes his foray back to Bantam,someone like a Saenz on Lineker.

• Paid Members

Looking at everything that's happened for Bisping this year, I really think this is prime material for someone to screen-write it into the British Rocky.

Everything fits into place: ten-year veteran nearly-man written off from being elite because of his lack of KO power, up against a load of PED-ophiles, suffers a severe eye injury, finally puts it all together in one final, awesome year where he beats one of the GOAT, gets his long-awaited title shot against the arrogant, new-breed champion against whom no-one rates his chances - and not only wins, but FINALLY gets the KO with the most perfect punch he's ever thrown in his entire career.

That is a movie I would watch. Would be great if a British studio made it too.

EDIT - working title: "Down For The Count". Although I'm well aware of the "jokes" it would be open to.

• Paid Members

Dillashaw probably has the best chance against Cruz but, even then, Cruz already beat Dillashaw in January so I wouldn't be confident about that either.

Cruz is a freak. Out of action from 2011 to 2014 with constant injuries to the point it seemed like he was finished. Comes back, wrecks Mizugaki in a minute. Then he's out again for another 14 months, comes back and beats TJ Dillashaw to win the title then wins the trilogy against Faber.

It's been lost in all the Bisping, Hendo and Lesnar madness, understandably, but Cruz really is something else. Not many guys could come back from the shit he's been through and, not only look like they haven't missed a beat, but to actually look even better than they did before the injuries. It's incredible. When you think of how serious injuries have effected other champions like Cain Velasquez, Anthony Pettis, even GSP. To see Cruz come back the way he has, especially with how reliant his style is on movement and footwork, to look as good as he did last night and against TJ in January shouldn't be possible.

• Paid Members

I think he already can realistically put himself in best pound for pound conversation. He hasnt looked like he had lost a step at all with such along injury layoff your right it is impressive.

• Paid Members

I dont know if they're really related or not, but it's quite fitting that Bisping finally became the champion when USADA took control and everyone began fighting on a (relatively) level playing field. I wonder how different things would be right now if that hadn't been the case. Vitor would probably be champion, if we're being honest.

Mike Goldberg deserves credit for his call of Bisping's win. Whereas it's usually Joe Rogan who delivers in these moments, he just seemed to find the whole thing hilariously absurd. I'm sure at one point Joe had to compose himself for laughing at the whole scene. But Goldberg conveyed the moment perfectly. The way he jumped up and screamed just as Bispig won, proper passionate, was brilliant.

Dan Henderson is unbelievable. That video clip of him and Hector chatting during the week, after one of the staredowns, really concerned me. He looked like a dithering, confused old man and I was dreading seeing him get knocked out again. Hopefully this is the end. There's no way he can end his career any better.

So glad I didn't watch that live. If my cheers for Hendo would have woke up the building, my screams for Bisping would have woke up the street. Absolutely amazing.

I watched it live, and it's a good job both my housemates were out. I went mental when Bisping won, and legitimately teared up a little. What a guy 

Archived