UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Didn't he beat Weidman last time round with some form of significant injury?

Also if Bisping wins I want a McGregor/Bisping double title defense show over here in Wembley Stadium.

Wasn't it a Staph infection?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Weidman had a broken foot as well. Neither of them were healthy.

Edit - Just started watching the press conference. Fuck, Cruz and Faber are arguing at a pace as frantic as their second fight. A lot of it's childish but I love watching these two chat shit to each other. I like the little sarcy digs like Faber going "Watch the fight again 'Mr Analyst'" and Cruz having a pop at Faber for his losses.

Also, loved the bit when Rockhold's going into some deep philosophical bollocks monologue and Bisping just cuts through all the bullshit brilliantly;

Bisping: Sounds like no self help book I've ever read. Conceive, believe, achieve! Shut the fuck up!

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post but thought people might want to watch these. Dan Hardy and John Gooden break down the main and co-main events. These are always worth a watch;

Rockhold vs Bisping 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=k7xN_9rNLFo

Cruz vs Faber 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Op_anDE5BjY

PPV MAIN CARD

Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping - Middleweight Title

Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber - Bantamweight Title

Max Holloway vs Ricardo Lamas

Dan Henderson vs Hector Lombard 

Dustin Poirier vs Bobby Green

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Clay Guida vs Brian Ortega 

Beneil Dariush vs James Vick

Jessica Penne vs Jessica Andrade

Alex Caceres vs Cole Miller

Looking forward to every one of these fights. Not too arsed on the Fight Pass prelims but I vaguely remember Tom Breese being decent, and I'm mildly interested to see what the non-Stungun Dong Hyun Kim brings to the table.

Really, the only one I'm a bit anxious about is the Hendo fight. I don't want to see Lombard destroy him, but I fear that's what's most likely to happen. But I'll always hope to see Hendo turn back the clock one more time. I made a nice chunk of money betting on him to KO Tim Boestch a while back.

Now, it's time to immerse myself in every bit of pre-fight hype I can get my hands on, whether it's here or anywhere else. I just can't believe what an amazing face turn Bisping has had. Never really liked Bisping, and especially after seeing him spit on his opponent's corner live in Sydney at UFC 127, he came off as a massive twat. But in this short notice underdog role, against the mother of all cocky pricks, Luke Rockhold, I'm really rooting for The Count (I like him so much now, I'm leaving the "o" in his nickname for once).

• Paid Members

It looks like Hendo is finally open to talking about retirement...

“I have no idea how many more fights I’ll do. This could be the last one, or I could do five more. I don’t know. I just have to wait and see what my options are after this fight."

“It’s basically what I’m offered after this fight, to fight or not fight. I have to sit down with (UFC President Dana White) and hash things out and see what my options are and make my decision at that point.”

“I could be talked into not fighting if he offers me a different job."

He's left the door open there to fight again but that's the most receptive I've seen Hendo be about calling it a day. At 45 years old, going 2-6 in his last 8 fights and being finished in 4 of them...it's probably time to hang 'em up.

Hendo should go into the HOF twice. Himself and his first fight with Shogun needs to go into the Classic Fights Wing, or whatever they've called it.

He's going to get crushed tonight. A puncher like Hendo is always in the fight to some degree, if Lombard moves the wrong way and Hendo connects clean, it could be over. But his chances are so slim in this one it's silly. He's not going to outgrapple Lombard and Lombard's younger, faster, stronger, more explosive, less banged up, just as powerful and Hendo's punch resistance has been diminishing fight to fight. Literally the only path to victory I see for Hendo is the KO but to KO Lombard he'll have to stand and trade with him and I don't fancy his chances of coming out on top in that one.

Hector Lombard. Brutal KO. Round 1.

:(

I've posted this before but I'm posting it again. If this does end up being Hendo's final fight, watch this brilliant highlight and appreciate the man in his prime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=ItvpJaStpsg

I love Rogan's Hendo story at the start.

• Paid Members

Having caught up on the press conferences and weigh ins, I'd love for Urijah and Bisping to both get the win. The amount of fun and entertainment both guys have provided for the longest time, it'd be great if they both won World Titles before they retire.

Can't wait.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I said somewhere earlier in the thread that if Bisping and Faber both win tonight, it'll be a great story of two of MMA's ultimate nearly men actually winning the big one. I'd love to see it happen.

I'd settle for just Bisping winning though. I like Faber but I like Cruz as well. I don't really have a dog in that fight. I love the rivalry but I've never been heavily on one side over the other. With Rockhold vs Bisping though, it's easy. As unlikely as it is to actually happen, I'm 100% pulling for a Bisping upset.

But yeah, I guess a Faber win makes things more interesting at 135. Faber vs Dillashaw for the title would be quality.

Really hoping Tom Breese put's in a performance tonight and cracks on-ahead. Other than the London show from what I've seen of him, he looks one of the most promising prospects from over here.

• Paid Members

Fuck, I forgot Casey was on the card. Yeah, it's going to be an emotional post-fight interview with him if he wins.

lWVE6.jpg

Half surprised he hasn't pulled out of the fight, to be honest.

Looking forward to tonight's show.

I'm anticipating the Main Event more so than I am the UFC 200 headliner. Both men have done a sterling job of promoting the fight. I plan to watch the Bad Blood preview show just before the Main Card. Thanks to whoever posted it earlier in the week.

• Paid Members

Think this is going to be first time I'm staying up for both prelims and main card in years.

Helps the wife has gone to her parents with the kids for a few days mind. Can sleep all day tomorrow if needed.

I'd be happy as a pig in shit if Bisping and Faber can pull it off tonight. I think Faber actually has a good shot too.

Archived