UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24vin83.jpg

Imagine accidentally going on FB this morning having not watched the show and seeing that lot. Horror show.

I'd check to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Exciting times, so many talking points, I think most of us are still in shock at everything that's happened and been announced.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking yes yes yes yes, I love bisping and was rooting for him from the start.

Brock coming back is fucking huge and even my fiancé that dosent watch UFC will be watching.

Connor coming back made me squeal and I'm such a huge mcgregor mark.

Anyone that hasn't seen it watch the post fight press conference......there is heat between Rockhold and bisping man..... Too say Luke is taking his loss like a little bitch is an understatement man

• Paid Members

Even with the addition of Brock, UFC 200 has a hard as fuck act to follow after that. Easily one of my favourite UFC shows ever, and definitely the UFC event of 2016 so far.

I don't think I've ever been happier to be wrong on two fight results than I was on Bisping and Hendo. Fucking buzzing for both of them.

If you would've said to me a few years ago that in 2016 we'd be sitting here with Michael Bisping as the UFC middleweight champion and also holding a win over Anderson Silva...I'd slap you with Stevie Ray's slapjack. This is mental. I know who I'm voting MMA Fighter Of The Year in the UKFF Awards this year, and it's only June. It's going to take something earth shattering to top Bisping's 2016. Fucking surreal. And it's made all the more satisfying that it's "that smug motherfucker" Luke Rockhold who he took the belt from.

Hendo winning was nuts. I said he had a punchers chance so the fact he had the power to hurt Lombard wasn't a shock. What was shocking to me though was a) that he was able to survive Lombard's bombs a few times, I never thought he'd hold up to Lombard's power. And b) that he'd end the fight with an elbow! Hendo's barely thrown an elbow in his entire career, what a time to bust that weapon out. That armbar escape as well! Jesus H Christ, I love Hendo. It's actually been a good month or so for the ex Pride fighters - Hendo, Shogun and Little Nog all getting their hands raised in fights they were expected to lose.

Hopefully that is it for Hendo now. It's so rare that a legend gets to go out on a really good note like that. The fact he'd been talking about retirement going into the fight, plus him having all his family there, it did feel like he was bowing out to me. But we'll see. Like someone else said, as crazy as it sounds, I honestly wouldn't be too shocked if the UFC try to book Bisping vs Hendo 2 for the title now. Depending how long Weidman and Jacare are on the shelf, that could be a real possibility. If that offer comes in, I have no doubt Hendo will stick around for that last crack at the title. The UFC title is the one thing that's eluded him his entire career. Between that and Bisping getting the chance to avenge that brutal KO at UFC 100, it'd be a great story all in all.

I really liked the rest as well.

Can't be arsed to go into much detail at the minute but I enjoyed Cruz vs Faber 3. Faber's just always going to be the bridesmaid though, isn't he?

Peahead battering Bobby Green was fun. Not a big fan of Green. His actual fighting has never really lived up to his shit talking for me. Just comes off as a bit of a dick.

Glad to see Holloway continue to go from strength to strength. At this rate I can see him getting the first title shot once this Aldo/Edgar/McGregor thing plays out. I can't see anyone but those three beating Holloway at the moment.

Liked Ortega vs Guida a lot. Probably Guida's best fight since the Bendo fight way back in 2011. Ortega's become one of those newer guys I always look forward to seeing on a card. Him along with Yair Rodriguez, Thomas Almeida, Albert Tumenov and a few others.

And the Brock thing...never saw that coming at all. The first two names that sprung to mind as opponents were Frank Mir and Mark Hunt. Mir for very obvious reasons and Hunt just because he's not booked and he's the type who would jump at a fight like this, even with the short notice.

I'm guessing it'll be Hunt. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to see Brock bludgeon Mir's face to bits again for old time's sake. It'd be pretty cool as well to see Lesnar vs Mir 3 at UFC 200, after their last fight was at UFC 100. I like pointless little bits of trivia like that.

What an amazing event, every fight was entertaining and two moments when I got genuinely choked up - Dan Henderson and of course Michael Bisping.

As the evening progressed I got a real feeling Bisping was going to do it. It just felt like one of those nights where everyone should get a bonus.

• Paid Members

This show was so fucking great, and the fights were so fun, that I wonder if it's got anything to do with the new weigh-in rules they tested.

There's no denying that it was a bit wonky and awkward when the guys still had to get on the scales on Friday afternoon and pretend they were still getting weighed then, but giving the guys loads more time to rehydrate definitely seemed to result in much better performances. Hopefully they do it more often.

• Paid Members

Good point. I can't help thinking it definitely helped in Hendo's case. I know he's not a big weight cutter but he does cut to make 185 and at 45 he probably struggles to bounce back physically after the weigh ins like he did in his younger days. That could've played a part in his durability declining in recent fights, I suppose. To see him coming back from some of Hector Lombard's power punches the way he did last night, maybe there's something to your point.

• Paid Members

"Hooollleee shit". Maybe the greatest show ever, in terms of those words.

That show was like one of those dreams where you're playing football, then the Queen and you are suddenly flying together, the you're fending off affluent barking bollocks with a sickle, then Brock Lesnar turns up to fight in MMA again, then Bisping turns into Ali on an Ali tribute show.

The greatest moment in MMA history? Biggest upset? It's debatable, but nonetheless it's why we all love this mental sport. The fight was going as expected, then Bisping delivered a few of the most perfect punches he'll ever throw. In doing so I lost my voice. Wow.

The hell is going on with Lesnar anyway? Initially I assumed it was just them doing a call back to 100, but christ knows. Barmy. It didn't sink in at first because I was busy laughing at Buffer hamming it up. What a man.

In terms of huge announcements, has there ever been a show like this? Conor/Diaz 2 + Lesnar returning is pretty massive.

On the action, it was one of the most fun shows they've done in a while. A man pointed to the ground as a way of signalling to his opponent they were just going to swing, FFS!

Cruz v Faber looked like Cruz doing a Seagal-esque exhibition for most of it. Faber just isn't on his level now, which is frightening considering how brilliant Faber is. No wonder Faber is thinking about chucking it after going through that. Must suck knowing you're always just that bit less than what you need to be, yet can't close the gap. Faber literally and figuratively got his shorts pulled down in the fight.

Hendo winning was a beautiful moment and only heightened how surreal the show felt. I was going to type, the way Hendo overcame a mauling and delivered one himself was as fitting a walk off moment as he'll get at this point. But then the main event happened. I ain't doing a David.

Fitting that this show was dedicated to Ali.

• Paid Members

Tell you, I'm absolutely made up for Bisping, really am. I wish I hadn't been too exhausted to watch last night, I would've loved to stay up for it. Moreover, I'm annoyed at myself yet again for not putting down a cheeky fiver on him, but I just can't shake the feeling that the moment I bet on a fight, it'll go completely the opposite direction. Didn't want to jinx Bisping (because I'm such an important element in this vast and unknowable universe).

• Paid Members

Bisping trying to do the humble man act post fight was brilliant. "I'm an average man... more than average". Needs some work the new gimmick.

Still blown away by what this has done for the division and how utterly wrong we all were about Bisping not having the skills to beat Weidman/Rockhold/Jacare.

• Paid Members

This show was so fucking great, and the fights were so fun, that I wonder if it's got anything to do with the new weigh-in rules they tested.

There's no denying that it was a bit wonky and awkward when the guys still had to get on the scales on Friday afternoon and pretend they were still getting weighed then, but giving the guys loads more time to rehydrate definitely seemed to result in much better performances. Hopefully they do it more often.

Great point. As you say, everyone just seemed to have so much energy. Everything delivered on the night in cage.

Bisping's story is so fantastic, plus we get the Brock news... I'm blown away after that show.

Wonderful.

Archived