UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

yep, it's crazy how this game works. It's the most unpredictable sport there is, im just gonna stick a few quid on every underdog from now on, there's money to be made.

Bisping definitely wasn't 10/1.

Holm was 10/1 against Rousey, however. Pretty sure she was around 25/1 to win by KO.

Speaking of betting, trust Cole Miller to put in one of the shittest performances when I've got money on him. Andrade to win by KO & Miller by Sub double. Andrade by KO alone was 10/1!

• Paid Members

I think the days of having long-reigning champions are going to become even scarcer now.

It all seems to me like the whole scene is now in a state of flux, the kind you get when there's a "changing of the guard", so to speak. I think we'll have a period of frequent changes, and then things will eventually settle when the next generation of dominant elites emerges.

I'm liking the flux, though - it strikes me that one of the biggest problems with having long-term champions is that the contenders also become long-term, and we don't often see new ones put into the mix despite improving their records. Look at all the Russians on the roster - some of them should be title contenders by now, surely? Perhaps with frequent title changes, we might see the UFC wanting to avoid frequent championship rematches and actually start trying to diversify the contendership mix.

• Paid Members

It still doesn't feel real. Michael Bisping, the winningest fighter in the history of UFC to never get a title shot, the guy who always lost against elite competition, is the middleweight champion of the world.

What an awesome, awesome sport.

• Paid Members

Here's great footage of the bisping fight with corner audio from Jason Parillo and Bisping's other coaches. 

What's great is that and the end of the fight it's footage from a completely different camera and gives us more of the interaction Rockhold and BIsping had after the fight.

I'm guessing it will be removed eventually, but it's still up at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LLxhvlg-5k

To be fair to Rockhold, I don't see him doing what Bisping said he did at the post fight presser. Bisping said he went to shake Rockhold's hand and was told to fuck off. That doesn't look like it happened.

That said, I've got no problem with Bisping rubbing the win in Rockhold's face either (or the other way round if the opposite outcome happened) because the build up was extremely personal. 

That's a really good watch, you can understand Mike being really happy screaming at Rockhold because of the personal nature and how Rockhold never respected him. 

Interesting note you can hear Bisping's coach tell Mike 'Lorenzo wants you put it on' meaning the Reebok shirt Bisping couldn't get on. 

There's something satisfying about that cock Javier Mendez looking so glum and DC. 

• Paid Members

that kind of stuff is always available on Fight Pass, you can switch audio and camera's watching a fight. It's a brilliant feature that i don't take enough advtantage of, i should!

I still can't believe Bisping is the Champion. The guy was basically put in that Rich Franklin role of being a 'top name who's past his best yet can still headline a card' role. He got a little good luck to get there, but he grasped it with both hands and did what pretty much no one expected him too. I don't hate on Luke Rockhold like a lot of people but he 100% underestiamted Michael Bisping, you could see it in his demeanor, his attitude and the way he fought. Always nice to see someone eat humble pie like that.

I didn't see 199 until monday so i missed out on discussion, but what a crazy show, i just looked over the results again and i can't recall a show that we came out of with so many talking points, add in the Helwani-fiasco and you forget about some of the wild shit that went down.

Henderson, Bisping, Bruce Leeroy, Dariush, Bisping, Cruz, Ortega, Poirier, Andrade, Holloway were all performances that were fitting of POTN awards, it's a shame they could only give out 2!

as Supremo said, "What an awesome, awesome sport."

Archived