UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Also, although Hendo's recent record is terrible, a KO win over Hector Lombard is a bigger win than anything those three have done recently. Combined. I mean, it wasn't long ago Mousasi was getting spin kicked into oblivion by Uriah Hall so it's not like he's on some killer streak himself.

Like I said, Hendo isn't the most deserving guy in the division. Far from it. Under any other circumstances I wouldn't even entertain the idea of him getting a title shot in 2016. But Bisping as the champion changes shit for me. With their history, with Hendo having that KO over him, with Hendo nearing retirement and it being his last chance at a UFC title (the only major title he's never won), and with the other top four contenders unavailable right now...Bisping vs Hendo 2 just works on so many levels.

When it comes down to it, I can't see why anyone would rather see Michael Bisping vs Derek Brunson over the Henderson rematch.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think you're going a bit too far Wand saying Hendo deserves a title shot over Mousasi. It's only just over a year ago Mousasi tko'd Hendo. He's also won 3 of his past 4 too.

On top of that Lombard was previously dismantled by Neil Magny and lost 2 out of his 3 fights previously at middleweight.

He's still an excellent fighter, but a win over him right now doesn't hold as much merit as it once did.

• Paid Members

Bisping is at the Trafford Centre tomorrow afternoon, if people want to meet him.

But yeah, Bisping vs. Dan Henderson 2 gets my nod as well. I don't care if it makes sense in the rankings. Book it in the UK later this year and I'll pay top dollar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry to bump this thread but I just watched this Bisping interview and thought it was worth sharing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=KL-Gc9cuX_s

Talks about the upset KO over Rockhold, the fallout and potential fights with Hendo, Jacare and GSP.

I loved the story of his youngest son's reaction when he came home with the belt...

"He couldn't care less. He literally couldn't care less. Which, in its own way, is kind of awesome actually. THE LITTLE BASTARD! LUCAS, I'M THE CHAMPION! WHAT THE HELL? LOOK AT THIS (picks up belt). THESE DON'T FALL OFF TREES YOU LITTLE BASTARD!

Archived