UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone see the Kim vs Reyes prelim from Fight Pass? I haven't yet but heard it was mental. They got the FOTN bonus as well. I'm going to have to hunt it down.

Loved Bisping rubbing Rockhold's nose in it at the post-fight presser. Yeah, wasn't very classy but fuck it. Rockhold's a cock. Don't blame Bisping going into dick mode. This win was a huge moment of vindication for him in so many ways - winning the title, scoring a first round KO with his 'pillow fists' AND avenging the loss to Rockhold in one go!

Thought Cruz came off as a proper twat at the presser though. Near the end one reporter asked him and Faber if they'd squash the rivalry now and Faber seemed open to it and basically said, while they'd never be best mates, he gave Cruz his due for what he's done and how he's improved over the years. When it came to Cruz's turn to answer the question he started having digs again about Faber leeching off his Alpha Male teammates or something. I like Cruz but it was just poor form. I wasn't expecting a glowing endorsement from him about Faber but fucking hell man. And just minutes earlier he'd been saying he tries to be gracious in victory! Couldn't stop himself having another pop at Faber though. You'd think it'd be Faber being all bitter considering he just lost the trilogy to his biggest career rival, and that was likely his last crack at the title. Cruz didn't have to be a dick, he'd already schooled Faber in the cage.

Anyone see the Kim vs Reyes prelim from Fight Pass? I haven't yet but heard it was mental. They got the FOTN bonus as well. I'm going to have to hunt it down.

Yeah I was waiting for the Breese fight and stuck it on, it's fantastic just two guys going all out standing right in front of each other throwing bombs. 

So happy Mike has finally won the big one, been a fan for years since I went UFC 89 and he's just brilliant all round. For me he sells fights even better than Conor and his wife is super fit! 

Cruz did seem a bit of a dick after the press conference, I just think he's had enough of Faber. Maybe in a few months or a year he might mellow down a bit. 

• Paid Members

Bisping's wife looks proper different to how I remember her.

Seeing Bisping's kids now makes me feel old. Especially Bisping's son. I was also at UFC 89 and I remember after Bisping beat Chris Leben, his son got in the cage and he was just a little tiny kid. So tiny that Bisping was resting his arm on top if the kid's head during his post-fight interview with Rogan. The size of the sod now though! I certainly didn't have a growth spurt like that.

Bisping's wife looks proper different to how I remember her.

Seeing Bisping's kids now makes me feel old. Especially Bisping's son. I was also at UFC 89 and I remember after Bisping beat Chris Leben, his son got in the cage and he was just a little tiny kid. So tiny that Bisping was resting his arm on top if the kid's head during his post-fight interview with Rogan. The size of the sod now though! I certainly didn't have a growth spurt like that.

I don't know how old she is but fair play Bisping and she's Australian  :wub:

Yeah his son has definitely had a massive growth spurt, am I right in thinking that he's training to be a Martial Artist aswell?

• Paid Members

Wow - what a show!

The only prelim I watched was the FP opener, due to people on Twitter going on about it late last night - cracking fight!

Only just finished the main card - WOW! What a freakin' show.

• Great opener - Poirier looked like a man possessed - the guy is a beast at 155.
  • Was so happy for Hendo too - that fucker never ceases to have me on the edge of my seat!
  • I hate Lamas and his stupid haircut & shit personality, so glad Holloway won despite his shit angel wings tattoo. Holloway looks great last few fights. He speaks like he has slight brain damage though.
  • Really happy for Cruz - was worried he was breathing heavy at the end of the 1st, but it was a false alarm. Huge fan of the guy. 
  • And the main event - I actually welled up I was so happy for Bisping - have been a fan since TUF 3. So fucking happy for him! I always said he had power (or maybe it was the opposite; can't remember)!

Some notes:

• Missed the UFC 202 announcement because they cut to an ad break - cunts.
  • Missed the Lesnar announcement because they cut to an ad break - cunts. Only caught his name between rounds when Goldberg ran down the UFC 200 card and said "Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar returns" - I assumed he fucked up and meant Cain.
  • Urijah's arse hanging out - ha! I think Cruz tried to pull them down a bit more the 2nd time it happened, just before they separated.
  • Bisping keeps saying "buddy". Reminds me of Terence & Philip.
  • WTF happened with Aerial?

Bisping winning the gold isn't just my favourite UFC moment ever, its probably my favourite sporting moment ever. Always supported him but never believed he would ever actually achieve it, as the years went on it seemed less and less unlikely. When you look at his stock after the first Rockhold fight it's amazing how he has come back to beat Silva and then win the Belt.

Rockhold has nobody to blame but himself, he never took him serious at all, I noticed whilst watching Rockhold was pulling away really slow, the thought never crossed my mind Bisping could land one (I was actually thinking he couldn't do that against Weidman and get away with it) and then BAM. It's one of the all time great punches in MMA history, along with Weidman/Silva and McGregor/Aldo we're going to be seeing it in knockout reels for years to come and rightfully so.

I'm just so chuffed for Bisping, there will probably never be another UFC fighter that will have to wait 10 years for his shot and actually achieve it. The term 'real life' Rocky is used a lot in fighting circles but this really is. Even his wife looked in shock.lol. To follow up the comment on his boy, I can remember the fight where Bisping got his 'little' boy to put him in an armbar in the post fight interview, now look at him! We are all getting old. And to whomever asked, His boy is a successful high school wrestler so there's a good chance he has a MMA calling.

As for Bisping future, I'm really not expecting a long reign, I would fancy Weidman to beat him handily and despite what happened on the weekend I think Rockhold beats him in the rubber. In my head I would book him against a lower guy in the ranking (Maybe in the UK?) whilst Weidman and Rockhold fight for contendership, setting up the fight for the New Years show. I like that Bisping isn't doing the whole 'I want to stay active' crap. Fighters just say that because they think it's what Dana want's to hear. I like that Bisping said in as many words he going to get pissed and enjoy the moment.

What a year Bisping has had.

• Paid Members

Unbelievable. What a result!

As for a first title defense in Manchester ... that'll basically never happen, right? Surely Bisping (and the UFC for that matter) would want it to happen WAY sooner than the lead times for booking an arena.

Edit: Just seen the post fight presser. Yeah, Cruz comes over as a massive twat.

• Paid Members

The only one off them I think Bisping would have a decent chance off fighting would be Hendo. Would have the built story to go with it. Honestly though I'm not sure he truly cares

• Paid Members

Fuck me! i avoided everything for 2 days to avoid spoilers (which i did, unbelievably) and the MMA world has turned on it's head, what the fuck is going on!?!

i'll chime in with some more tomorrow after i've let it sink in, but to echo a few comments above, you really do need to find the Reyes/Kim prelim, it's like a more brutal version of Leonard Garcia/Korean Zombie, it was a war.

Michael Bisping is the UFC Middleweight Champion! i can't get my head around that.

Archived