McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

Seems Khabib has softened towards Conor, and is willing to give him a rematch on one condition. That he beats Dustin Poirier:

Aside from sports, there are also human relations. I'm OK with [Conor]. It's behind us. To live in the past and hold grudges -- it's not me. Father wasn't like that, and I don't think I've strayed too far from him. I don't condone personal attacks. But who wouldn't like it if somebody wished their father well. After Gaethje, I would be ready to face any opponent who gets a win over Poirier. Tony or McGregor, it makes no difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It’s a shite, paid post, so you might want to boycott it on that basis alone, but the sheer mentalness of this raised a giggle on the nursery run this morning..

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1610199215848392&id=338282886373371

(sorry, can’t seem to get it to embed)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Ahhhh, ever the charmer.

Conor McGregor has been arrested for alleged attempted sexual assault and alleged indecent exposure in Corsica.

The former two-weight UFC champion has been in the region preparing for a 180km voyage which was to raise awareness of water safety.

He was due to start the trip from Corsica to Monaco today alongside Princess Charlene of Monaco but was forced to withdraw.

According to the AFP news agency, the 32-year-old was arrested and taken into custody following an incident.

A statement from the prosecutor read: "Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor [sic] was the subject of a hearing by the police."

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiYWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm1pcnJvci5jby51ay9zcG9ydC9vdGhlci1zcG9ydHMvbW1hL2JyZWFraW5nLWNvbm9yLW1jZ3JlZ29yLWFycmVzdGVkLWFsbGVnZWQtMjI2NzIzMzLSAWVodHRwczovL3d3dy5taXJyb3IuY28udWsvc3BvcnQvb3RoZXItc3BvcnRzL21tYS9icmVha2luZy1jb25vci1tY2dyZWdvci1hcnJlc3RlZC1hbGxlZ2VkLTIyNjcyMzMyLmFtcA?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• 2 weeks later...
Conor McGregor revealed Friday afternoon on Twitter that he is "boxing" Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East." More on that here. In short, talks are very real and the UFC is on board, per McGregor’s manager Audie

Conor McGregor revealed Friday afternoon on Twitter that he is "boxing" Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East." More on that here. In short, talks are very real and the UFC is on board, per McGregor’s manager Audie Attar: https://t.co/1gF5vyVRK8?amp=1

I'm fucking done with Conor man, Not coming back to the UFC where his heart/passion suposedly is. Not to fight Masvidal/khabib/Diaz.....No to make a truck load of money in another boxing fight which he has 0 chance of winning

I

• Paid Members

Probably all a smokescreen to distract everyone from something bad he’s done again. This way his headlines will all be about wacko fights with Diego Sanchez and Manny Pacquiao rather than something sinister. And it will work because most MMA media jump all over shite like this with likes and retweets and posts about it, yet ignore little things like allegations of rape and sexual assault. All he has to do is put a quick tweet out that he’s retiring again, or coming out of retirement again, or boxing again, or challenging last legs Diego, cack like that, and those ugly stories get buried for a bit.

5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Probably all a smokescreen to distract everyone from something bad he’s done again. This way his headlines will all be about wacko fights with Diego Sanchez and Manny Pacquiao rather than something sinister. And it will work because most MMA media jump all over shite like this with likes and retweets and posts about it, yet ignore little things like allegations of rape and sexual assault. All he has to do is put a quick tweet out that he’s retiring again, or coming out of retirement again, or boxing again, or challenging last legs Diego, cack like that, and those ugly stories get buried for a bit.

If thats the truth then what's most scary this isn't just MMA news sites. BBC Sports has Conor vs Pacquiao as a front page story atm.