McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

None of this is going to happen without the UFC’s involvement. And again, I say it all the time but every time McGregor starts going mad calling for fights it’s usually to distract from another scandal he’s caused that he knows is about to become public knowledge. From the Pacquiao stuff (that he’s taken down now because the Saudis said it was shite and threatened to sue him, according to Dana), to this Poirier thing, even to silly shit like shaving his head and beard. It’s like he’s doing anything to get people talking about something other than what a cunt he is. He’ll be retiring again any day now.

Oh and look who else has piped up wanting to fight McGregor;

19-D569-AC-C213-4-C6-A-A03-C-E1-FC280-BA

It’s a sad state of affairs but McGregor will probably be all over this. After pushing for that Diego Sanchez squash match recently I’m sure he’s already typing up drafts for his next round of tweets trying to spin why McGregor vs Penn makes sense in 2020.

If McGregor is so arsed about this charity, why not just donate? No, he wants a highly publicised fight with Poirier so everyone knows he’s doing it for charity and can’t be the scumbag anyone with sense can see that he is. 

• Paid Members

Heating up? Lightweight never cools down mate.

I can’t be arsed with McGregor anymore. And I’d genuinely much rather have seen that Poirier vs Ferguson fight as well.

Still sceptical this McGregor vs Poirier rematch happens no matter what he’s saying now. And even if it does, it just feels like he’s using Poirier’s charity to get some good PR for himself. Granted, the charity will benefit in the end regardless so there’s that. But you just know the whole buildup is going to be more of ‘humble’ McGregor showing what a nice guy he is and doing it for the kids. I don’t think I can stomach it again after him and Cerrone spent the entire build to their fight flirting. Not saying they should necessarily fake bad blood but it just doesn’t ring true anymore when he tries to be nice, knowing what a cretin he actually is.

Team Pea Head. 

Edited by wandshogun09

This may sound insane, but I actually sympathise with Conor to a point at the moment. He's clearly wanting a fight but the UFC aren't keen on paying him without the income from an arena full of drunken chumps.

Book the Poirier fight, let both guys make some cash, and as a nice bonus a charity that probably needs the cash would find itself half a million bucks up.