McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Interesting that the fight is at welterweight. Maybe testing the waters for a summer fight with Masvidal? 

I could see McGregor getting the better of Cerrone, but I don't see anything but bad things if he ever fought Masvidal. That won't end well for him.

McGregor vs Masvidal would be a monster. The UFC would no doubt resurrect the BMF belt, bring in the likes of Sly Stallone and Mike Tyson as further window dressing, and have McGregor and Masvidal trade barbs at pressers. 

It would also potentially solidify Masvidal as the promotion's biggest star. The UFC are already embracing him as such. He's currently featured in a TV advert for a betting company that the UFC has a business relationship with. The commercial ends with him mugging for the camera. A win over McGregor would only enhance his status further. 

• Paid Members

I think Ariel Helwani is in love with Conor McGregor. For months he’s been mostly ignoring all the bad stories coming out about him and just speculating and reporting on possible returns and opponents. Fell over himself to let the world know that Conor was NOT the father of that little girl, like he was a Jewish Jeremy Kyle or something. Now Conor vs Cowboy gets announced, a few people have complained that it should’ve been Justin Gaethje (I’d have preferred that but at this point, I think the Cowboy fight is fine) and Ariel appears to be having somewhat of a meltdown jumping to his defence again. Look at the wally...

Looking like a malnourished Drake and sounding like a teenage girl defending her first boyfriend to her parents who hate him. Get to your room Ariel, you’re grounded. 

What a strange video. I'm not saying that McGregor has ducked opponents, but Helwani' argument is flawed. 

McGregor not having a win since 2016 isn't proof that he hasn't ducked anyone.. He's only fought in the UFC once since then. A fighter's inactivity in such circumstances could easily be brought about by ducking opponents and choosing not to fight. 

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Looking like a malnourished Drake and sounding like a teenage girl defending her first boyfriend to her parents who hate him

Well, if said teenage girl was famous, there is every chance that the boyfriend is Drake as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Load of bollocks. Anderson’s probably serious as mad as it sounds. He’s pretty much done and it’s a payday against a smaller man. But Conor’s probably just pissing about.

I’m surprised Conor hasn’t thrown his name into the ‘I’ll be Mike Tyson’s comeback opponent’ talk yet. Battle of the rapists. He craves the attention, likes and retweets like a teenager. I think he might just sit on that Cerrone win now until the Khabib vs Gaethje thing plays out. He’ll keep linking himself to all these fights so his army of arselickers can lap it all up but I can see him just tweeting shite until December when he gets the inevitable title shot at 155 again.