WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

No idea about the current gaming stuff, but that PC you've just bought should definitely be able to handle a PS2 emulator. I bought a bog standard 300 quid desktop from PC World a couple of months ago and was surprised to find that straight out of the box it was capable of playing PS2 and Gamecube games with very little hassle (try the PCSX2 emulator for PS2, and one called Dolphin if you want to try any Gamecube stuff). Like others have said, look up some guides and have a faff with the settings. "Best XXXXX settings" is a good place to start, where XXXXX is the name of the emulator you're wanting to use.

Which AMD-10 is it? I think a few run at 3,7ghz

I'd say test it with some free to play games on Steam, something like Hawken or Evolve Stage 2 should push it.

It's AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7.

I've just signed up to Steam so I'll take a look at those two games. There isn't a lot I can do just yet until I get a Bluetooth dongle so I can connect up my PS4 pad. There's no way I'll be able to cope with gaming using a keyboard and mouse.

Another tip, keep an eye out on https://www.humblebundle.comas you can get packs of Steam games for next to nothing. You usually get 3 for a dollar and then more games if you spend a little extra, I'd recommend the dollar tier for this one just to play Devil Daggers. Big developers like Capcom sometimes have bundles there too, the last one had:

Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry
Lost Planet 3
Remember Me
Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition
Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
Strider

• Paid Members

After only just getting in "Red Vs Blue" on YouTube, i've taken the plunge and purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Never played any of the Halo games (very late the party on some games) so looking forward to it :)

That party finished in 2008! Just stick to number 2 or 3 (I assume they're part of the collection?!)