WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

My housemate has a Vive development kit. On the rare occasions she has allowed me to play it, it was fantastic. In particular I thought a game called Waltz of the Wizard, where you create potions that cause you to grow into a giant and shoot fireballs was amazing.  

• Paid Members

My girlfriend's uncle is a bit techy and has a Vive. Played Job Simulator and was running what looked like the Kwik E Mart. Really fun, completely immersive too. First customer came in and asked for a hot dog, so I put the sausage and bun in the paper bag seperately, then squirted it full of ketchup and mustard, then hurled his change at him.

I had a kid come in with a banana and I snatched it out of his hands and hurled it as far across the shop as possible.

Took me 10 minutes before I was doing all the scratchcards and setting off fireworks. Super fun but still never worth the price tag.

• Moderators

I'm just installing Elder Scrolls Online.

Anyone here play this? Any tips for getting started / things you wished you'd known about from the beginning?

This is loads of fun. So cool to be able to play a game like this co-op. Annoyingly I can't play now though as my brother and I agreed to only play together...

Can't you just make a new character then not tell him about that one ?

Nah, that would be shit because then I'd go through all the stories twice. Instead I got a fix by fannying about in the local area to the town, killing animals and local banditos for small xp and crafting materials.

Lasted two gos on WWE 2k16. It's bloody awful isn't it. I was pissing myself at getting a new menu detailing another ludicrous mini game every time I tried to slap a hold on. My interest in the creative element was destroyed by the load times as well. Maybe it's just Xbone because everything seems to load slow on it but we're talking about a game that's installed to the hard drive here, taking a noticeable moment to load previews of floppy hairstyles that look somehow worse than they did in wrestling games 10 years ago. Mindblowing.

Deus Ex has slowly sucked me in though. What a weird series. I'm sucked in because of how cool the world looks but it's so po faced. Nothing is more po faced than Deus Ex. Every boring line is delivered with such mundane conviction. There's something satisfyingly video gamey about that kind-of-open-world style to the levels though. You can make path choices but it's not exactly Far Cry, it's still bound to weird things like streets being blockaded and having to use vents to get to certain areas.

Played the new Doom as well. It's great fun but gets old fast. No way are my doing 8 hours of a campaign just for the same repeated "look how cool it sounds when the guitar bit kicks in and monsters spawn everywhere".

• Paid Members

Been trying to download some created superstars for WWE 2K16.

It reminds me of trying to download bootleg Eminem tracks from Napster via dial-up. In this day and age, I can't believe something can take so long. Their servers must be living in 1999.

Fucking abysmal.

Been trying to download some created superstars for WWE 2K16.

It reminds me of trying to download bootleg Eminem tracks from Napster via dial-up. In this day and age, I can't believe something can take so long. Their servers must be living in 1999.

Fucking abysmal.

Yeah I got about 4 and chucked the towel in. Kept having to go back to get some as well after some of them didn't actually download and instead sort of... lied and pretended they did. Just mind bendingly bad stuff. Far too much faff just to have Mewtwo and Billy Kidman in a fucking cage match.

It means you can also blame it on the new publisher, who's not only failed to get anything more out of those designers since taking over the licence, but also failed to invest in adequate servers for their game to connect to.

• Paid Members

Yep. And we all thought they games would improve significantly after 2K took over, as their other sports games are supposedly better than their EA counterparts. Literally (redknapp.jpg) nothing has changed.

Deux Ex update: My Jensen is seemingly incapable of entering an appartment without throwing the fridge out the window and off the balcony. As a result the streets of Prague are now riddled with broken fridges and my actions have claimed at least one civilian casualty.

That's one way to ensure your game never freezes.

(Edit: He said fridge, not freezer. Try again.)

I suppose if it had been a Rockstar game you'd have thrown the telly?

(Good one. Think you got away with it.)

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

Anyone playing the new Battlefield One Beta? I've only had one game so far (but they do last a good long while) and while it seems decent, I think the map they've chosen to put in the Beta is a poor choice. 
It's basically a desert cliffside, but you wouldn't get the fact it's a World War One game because every shooter since the early 2000s has been full of desert levels like Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.