WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I'd love to give PES another go (I bought PES over FIFA from 2004-2011) but the lack of licenses kills it for me. I don't have the time to fart about downloading this and that patch to make the game look better.

FIFA's gameplay might not be outstanding but the visuals alone get me excited about the game and the actual experience of playing the game is good enough to keep me playing all year. I tend to play maybe an hour or so every 2 days as that's all I get time for so I imagine FIFA will be enough for me again this year.

PES's graphics are better than FIFA's for the players that have realistic faces in my opinion. In the last game, players who were re-generated or just didn't have a player likeness looked pretty shit. I think that was more Championship players or some reserves though.

On this year's one, I think you can download an option file that has everything already sorted. Before, you had to download kits and assign them one-by-one and even create players for a team like Dortmund.

:D

Nah, I'm not paying £45+ for Fifa when I picked PES up for £35. When I do buy it (and I will), it will be second hand for less than £30.

I think the fact people are prepared to go to the effort of importing option files speaks volumes about PES.

Edited by Steve Justice

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a low-mid spec gaming PC (at least I think it's low-mid. My knowledge in this area is limited). I've been dabbling with emulators and everything seems to be working OK, except the PS2 emulator. The game plays smooth enough but every 20 seconds or so the screen lags for a split second.

Specs of my PC are:-

AMD A10 quad core

Processor 3.7GHz

8GB RAM

120GB SSD & 2TB HD

Shared graphics. AMD Radeon HD

Windows 10

The PS2 emulator I'm using is PCSX2 1.4.

Anyone who is familiar with this emulator, is this a common issue do you know or is my system not quite good enough to run it smoothly?

PCSX2 is pretty darn good, there's been a recentish boom in cd/DVD based emulation with even the Wii U being playable, some games playing 100% perfect.

Check your emulator settings, run it in both soft and hardware options and under different directx settings. There's a lot of variable in that emulator especially.

Edited by Merzbow

Haha yeah its kinda daunting, I'm sure there's a guide on reddit or YouTube. I'm pretty sure a guy called simply Austin puts out beginner friendly emulation tutorials.

Speaking of emulators, I currently have every ZX Spectrum game on my Wii and bloody hell I forgot how tough they were. Lunar Jetman is almost impossible for me.

Edited by Merzbow