WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Forza Horizon. Long term readers may have noticed a pattern between which game I'm playing at what is free with Games With Gold on the 360. Really enjoying it and today the multiplayer actually worked!

Yeah it's a pretty decent game. I'm not normally into driving games (because I'm fucking atrocious at them) but my little boy loves racing cars so we've been all over this game lately. It's justified my Xbox gold membership. WWE 2K16 bloody didn't.

Ah, is that time of the year where Steve gets all excited. Demo season.

• Paid Members

Well I said Fifa had to be special to beat PES, and... it's not bad. I've only played one game but I can deffo see myself buying it at some point (when it drops to about £20 basically).

This post needs to be immortalised.

Really liking the demo myself too, but I say that every year. The Journey looks like a decent little addition. Not sure it'll have much replayability though.

It feels a lot better than last years Fifa, almost as if they've made an actual effort to improve it. The players still look cartoony, but it's all about game play as far as I'm concerned. And it seems both games have made a cracking effort.

I've already preordered PES, so once I've played that to death I'll at least have another football game to play that's different to what I have been. It's been a while since I've played both installments in the same year.

For my birthday, my girlfriend bought me a Japanese N64 and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. I can't stop playing this thing since. For those who don't know, it's basically the No Mercy engine with All Japan, New Japan, Michinoku Pro, FMW, Legends and Shooters. And it might be the best wrestling game I've ever played. Wanted it for years, but I don't know shit about emulators or that type of thing. But yeah, so awesome.

I'd love to give PES another go (I bought PES over FIFA from 2004-2011) but the lack of licenses kills it for me.  I don't have the time to fart about downloading this and that patch to make the game look better.

FIFA's gameplay might not be outstanding but the visuals alone get me excited about the game and the actual experience of playing the game is good enough to keep me playing all year.  I tend to play maybe an hour or so every 2 days as that's all I get time for so I imagine FIFA will be enough for me again this year.

Edited by MungoChutney

I'm off on quite a long trip in a few weeks and fancy some games to play on my laptop in flights and during down time.

Ideally looking for strategy games and the best places to get them from.

I loved Sim City, Rollercoaster tycoon as a young un so ideally looking for games like that.

My laptop isn't the most powerful thing in the world so not looking for anything that's going to make it explode!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

For my birthday, my girlfriend bought me a Japanese N64 and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. I can't stop playing this thing since. For those who don't know, it's basically the No Mercy engine with All Japan, New Japan, Michinoku Pro, FMW, Legends and Shooters. And it might be the best wrestling game I've ever played. Wanted it for years, but I don't know shit about emulators or that type of thing. But yeah, so awesome.

Sounds like a keeper you've got there.

The girlfriend, too.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

I know they get a hard time on here but the TEW wrestling booker sims are fantastic.  TEW 05 is the simplest, and closest to EWR, and it's also Freeware with loads of real-life patches available.  Brilliant time killer.  If you want a mor ein-depth experience the current game looks incredibly detailed although I'm still using the previous version.