WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

It's a good 'un, but I'm having a hard time trying to go slow instead of doing my usual charging around and hoping for the best. I haven't even made it onto the second mine yet because of the lives system - I'm so used to games that let you start again from the same place where you die that I keep forgetting if you die in Spelunky it sends you back to the very beginning of the level. I've only got as far as 1-3, then keep getting sent back to 1-1 again. Frustrating, but good fun!

• Paid Members

I wont lie, its been a while since i have blasted anything apart from fifa 12 or Champ Man 98-99. They are my two 'hang over' or 'not tired and nothing planned next day' choices.

I have to admit though, i can not wait for Sleeping Dogs to come out, i haven't been this excited for a game in quite some time.

I also have the odd bash on League of Evil on the iphone, but am stuck on level 3 of 'the impossible missions'.

Saints Row The Third. I enjoyed the first, dismissed the second and struggling to get into this one too to be honest. It looks great and is obviously not to be taken seriously. I'll give it a few more tries before giving up and trading in for the new Ghost Recon game.

• Paid Members
Saints Row The Third. I enjoyed the first, dismissed the second and struggling to get into this one too to be honest. It looks great and is obviously not to be taken seriously. I'll give it a few more tries before giving up and trading in for the new Ghost Recon game.

I had a couple of blasts of the third, and in my opinion, the second beats it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Still on I Wanna Be The Guy, and after another 200 deaths I've finally got to the third boss.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dracula.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Hard as nails because his attacks are completely random but the most enjoyable boss so far. The BG tune helps.

Just finished the short but immensely charming Ben there, Dan That, an hour long homage to the classic Lucas Arts graphic adventures with writing on par with Sam & Max.

Plus, it's only 60p on steam and you get the next game with it which is meant to be much longer.

Cave Story+ is ace. Like a cute Metroid. Not even close to being worth the
Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
Just finished the short but immensely charming Ben there, Dan That, an hour long homage to the classic Lucas Arts graphic adventures with writing on par with Sam & Max.

Plus, it's only 60p on steam and you get the next game with it which is meant to be much longer.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Going back to the Steam Sale, the total list of games I ended up with -

Super Meat Boy - 2.99

Limbo - 1.74

Cave Story+ - 1.74

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition - 2.49

Dungeon Defenders - 4.99

Psychonauts - 1.49

Plants vs Zombies: GOTY Ed - 1.74

Fallout Collection (1, 2, Tactics) - 7.99

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - 2.99

All of those for

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure it was johnnyboy who recommended it, but I picked up MLB2K11 for the XBOX and it's brilliant. Been mainly playing the My PLayer mode and I've just got the call to the majors, fun times! The game proper is immense too, forgot all about stamina and couldn't work out why my pitcher couldn't throw for shit. Learned quickly to warm up the ballpen.

Brilliant game, cheers johnnyboy (if it was you)

Pretty sure it was johnnyboy who recommended it, but I picked up MLB2K11 for the XBOX and it's brilliant. Been mainly playing the My PLayer mode and I've just got the call to the majors, fun times! The game proper is immense too, forgot all about stamina and couldn't work out why my pitcher couldn't throw for shit. Learned quickly to warm up the ballpen.

Brilliant game, cheers johnnyboy (if it was you)

Yeah, it was me. I am so shit at batting :(

Me too, even on the easiest setting! a mate got it too so we are hoping for a 9 inning disaster over lots of cans of beer!

Currently enjoying Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox atm, got it when it came out but the servers were awful, seemingly better now, a good hybrid between CoD and GoW, cover system is great too, much better than previous GR games.

Also grabbed Tony Hawk's HD too, good for a lil while but limited...DLC coming soon though :)

Anyone got Sleeping Dogs yet? Any good?