WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I've been on NBA 2K12 since I got it for Christmas. I've mainly been playing the Legends Challenges but they're not quite as enjoyable as the Michael Jordan's Greatest Games from 2K11, mainly because a lot of the other players aren't as fun to control as MJ and also because they're aren't any in-game challenges now such as hit so many points and get so many rebounds etc, now it's just win the game which was a tad lazy. After I've finished them I'll continue my Association save with the Knicks which will keep me going for a good few weeks before I even begin to contemplate touching My Player mode. Overall it's a great game, but you do get the feeling kind of like FIFA that maybe the series has advanced as far as it can on this gens consoles, it's essentially the same as 2K11.

I started my first save on the new FM tonight, really not keen on the new layout at all yet, but it might grow on me, the new player search and filters is a bit of a headache, and I'm not keen on the new tactics screen either. I've started my annual Fiorentina save but no Karim Benzema on the cheap to help me out this year, although I did make a cheeky attempt at luring Carlos Tevez in on loan, until City wanted

• 2 weeks later...
I have been trying to play Gran Turismo 5...

With all the data and updates I have to install I have been waiting for nearly 2 hours.

Suffering this myself. All these updates are eating up my PS3 memory. I have half as many games for my PS3 as I do for my Xbox360, and have only used up 20GB on the Xbox as opposed to the 77GB on the PS3 :(

• Paid Members

Got to get a few minutes in on it earlier. Very much undecided about the controls at this point. The jumping-up-walls business is a bit Tomb Raider. Jury still out until I get into it properly.

• Paid Members

MW3 Multiplayer, FFA all the way. It's more fun than Black Ops and almost as quick as MW2, but with no hackers and ALMOST no boosters thanks to the new reporting facility. I may start TDM on it soon, but I still ain't buying the DLC if it's going to be

Has anyone else been playing Katawa Shoujo?

If not, it's a free "visual novel" or dating sim (kinda) recently released for free on PC which is pretty much just a book with a few selections to make which branch you off into different parts of the story. It sounds dull but the route i took was bloody tough on the old heart strings.

wii u still relys on motion control as well as the tough pad thing

Plus they have only shown a tech demo (as oppose to actual gameplay) on the wii u. I suspect skyward is not coming out for wii u, but that backwards capability is possible.

Oh well. Been playing Silent Hill homecoming, its quite a "plenty" game ok it made in the states not in Japan but still its fun. Comepleted it once get the laser pistol then whoop anything that comes in your way and compete it on hard easy 1000g. With silent Hill 2 and 3 HD coming out in January too then Silent Hill Downpour in March should be good for survival horrors. Hopefully the new tomb raider game should be on its way soon which looked really nice.

Pinball-NES-title.jpg

Famicom pinball has been my weapon of choice this week. For such a crude and simple game, I can get a long, long time out of it before becoming bored. The controls are super easy, with the d-pad representing the left flipper and either button controlling the right.

The little bonus stages keep it fresh and interesting with a

• Paid Members

Been trying to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the PS3 for the last couple of days, but I can't. It's really, really shit.

Nobody ever shuts up, with some inane dialogue going on for 4 or 5 minutes, and to get into 90% of rooms you need to hack the computer or read through the awkward menus and look for a password you may have picked up.

Chat, hack, chat, hack, chat, hack, rubbish shooting section, chat, chat, chat chat, hack, hack, hack. Shit.

Thank god I got it cheap.