Best Introductory Vignettes

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that Undertaker return was brilliant.

Was it known across the internet fans at the time that them vignettes were for Undertaker? I was onl 12 at the time and hadnt a clue what it was all about, even when it started during the main event at Judgment Day i.still didnt think anything. Good times

• Paid Members

I don't think I was even on the internet at all at that time, yet seem to recall knowing it was him too. I didn't over-think or second guess anything at all as a fan back then, so I think my simple mind just equated spooky vignettes to Undertaker automatically.

Quite liked Gail Kim's 2003 vignettes as well, although the Matrix stuff was abandoned almost as soon as she got there:

On the flipside, Memphis had some craptacular intro vignettes. Not that these two would have gotten over in a million years, but:

• Paid Members

Nathan Jones' ones were awesome - made him look terrifying and intriguing.

"I happen to like me. I like what I'm thinking. You, however, may not like it so much."

Now I hated them. I'm sure there was one where he was peering through that little hatch on a prison door saying he was the "colossus of Boggo Road" and whispering g'day before it slammed shut.

If that wasn't a thing and I've made that up I'd like to know what the fuck is going on in my head.

Any way, I just didn't get hyped for him from them.

Incidentally "colossus of Boggo road" sounds like a euphemism for something you leave in an outside lav.

I liked the Highlander ones they did. It made them a straight comedy team from what I recall but they were fun and made me keen to see them.

I only remember two, one where they watched tv and one where they shit in a urinal.

Again if I've made that up and created a false memory I'm worried about my noggin.

I always remember Kizarnys for some reason, I can't remember ever seeing him on TV though. How long did he actually last?

Edit: learned how to Google. He debuted January 09, shit canned beginning of March.

He wasn't on TV for two months though. I feel like he only had about two or three matches, and one of them was a battle royal.

• Paid Members

Razor Ramon's ones were always memorable to me. Loved them all.

ADDED: Was that "Seven" character supposed to lead to anything, or was the "shoot" interview at the end always the idea? Think the Victor Salva "child molestation" case came up because the film "Powder" came out, which this vignette was based on, and it had to be dropped quick.

• Paid Members

On the flipside, Memphis had some craptacular intro vignettes. Not that these two would have gotten over in a million years, but:

That weird video of Stan Lane & Steve Keirn as The Fabulous Ones set to Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top?

https://youtu.be/jwjue9h1Cxw

Archived