Best Introductory Vignettes

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why the fuck DDP agreed to be the stalker, was never going to work. Taker being a cunt at the time didn't help either I suppose. Depressing seeing DDP do the crap motivational speaker gimmick on the late 2001 Raw's I'm watching at the moment. He's been destroyed by Kane and Big Show so far, whilst JR shites all over him on commentary. Should have stayed at home and collected his Time Warner money like the rest of the big WCW lads.

• Paid Members

I love a vignette. Doesn't everyone? When did WWE stop thinking everyone did?

They haven't completely. In recent times, the likes of Bo Dallas, The Ascension and Adam Rose all had vignettes on TV before they arrived on the main shows. With the rising popularity of NXT, they seem to have favoured the 'surprise' appearance technique for guys that they think their audience will already be familiar with, such as Neville on the post-Mania Raw or NXT Champion Kevin Owens answering a John Cena open challenge.

They fucked Tyler Breeze, though. Threw him out there on SmackDown straight into a crap feud with Ziggler. He would have really benefited from some goofy vignettes for a month before arriving.

• Paid Members

They fucked Tyler Breeze, though. Threw him out there on SmackDown straight into a crap feud with Ziggler. He would have really benefited from some goofy vignettes for a month before arriving.

Two elements straight off the blocks that just scream "just another guy." Not that I'm saying Tyler wouldn't have ended up just another guy anyway, but they gave him no fucking chance. Joining the 50/50 Club in his first two matches on TV further underlined "nothing special, nothing to see here" too. Cretins.

• Paid Members

Nathan Jones' ones were awesome - made him look terrifying and intriguing.

"I happen to like me. I like what I'm thinking. You, however, may not like it so much."

• Paid Members

I thought Del Rio's were really good and I was interested to see what he would actually be like.

Who was the Del Rio knock off? Was around Vickie Guerrero?

Eric Escobar? He was around before Del Rio actually. He was shit though.

That's the one. Before? I'm going senile in my old age then. Yeah he was rotten. Never quite been such an apathetic reaction to a wrestler.

Dustin Rhodes' vignette as the supernatural kiddy fiddler Seven deserves a mention, not because it was good or anything but just because.

It was a pretty cool vignette. Seven's debut 'floating' to the ring was pretty cool in a naff pro-wrestling way too.

Shame they ditched the gimmick 30 seconds later.

Archived