Best Introductory Vignettes

Snitsky's back acne

Gotta love a good set of introductory vignettes. 
Lucha Underground do some great ones so I figured I'd start a thread for us to share some of our faves...or even some really sucky ones too if you fancy.

I'll start. Loves The Wyatts ones. Really made me look forward to their debut.

https://youtu.be/9LoVIAEymNc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Early 2000s WWE had some great ones. Rey Mysterio's "you think you've seen high flying? You ain't seen nothing yet" ones, Scott Steiner at the end of that year, Carlito in 2004 spitting his apples at the beach, even save_us.222 in '05.

Can't think who the last person to get that treatment was. On the main roster, anyway - in NXT the likes of Nia Jax and The Drifter have had them. Would it have been Adam Rose or Fandango? Bo Dallas?

• Paid Members

The 90s ones were interesting. I remember watching one of the original Mankind vignettes on Raw and thinking it sounded like Cactus Jack, but they were some great vignettes and segments that ran before he came in. Likewise with the build up to Goldust's debut and the return of Warrior.

• Paid Members

I also think the Goldust and Mankind ones were very good, for different reasons. The Goldust ones gave me an idea of what his character was and gave me quite a lot of intrigue into how exactly it would translate into a wrestling performance... until PWI told me it was Dustin Rhodes. But still, the mystique was great. On the flip side, the Mankind ones gave me the exact impression of who this guy was, a scary heel. I was terrified of my favourite babyfaces getting in the ring with him. The intro ones for Alberto Del Rio were good too, again, because I knew who he was straight away. The very fact he was getting such a build helped convince me he was going to be a big deal. If the vignette makes you look forward to seeing the character finally debut, it's done its job.

On a personal note, I also liked the Matrix style ones for Gail Kim, because I thought they looked slick and for a new Diva to get some actual build for her debut seemed novel at the time. And partially because I thought she was hot, I won't lie.

And while he didn't end up amounting to much in the end...... "Lives are gonna be in Waylon Mercy's hands." Sinister motherfucker.

• Paid Members

Remember the ones for Barry Windham as The Stalker where he'd be all camouflaged against a tree?

• Paid Members

Despite it going nowhere I sure loved the Sean O'Haire promo videos.

https://youtu.be/i5LJvOt_8B0

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I remember seeing him against Rey Mysterio at a house show in Sheffield years ago. His entrance music was alright as well, but didn't really strike me as a song that would be entrance music.

• Paid Members

The Wyatt ones are my favourites ever. I remember thinking, and maybe even saying on here, that they were so good that there was a chance that the act would never be hotter than it was before they had even hit the main roster, because the gimmick was built around the mystique. I think I was about right. The final 'We're coming' vignette actually went on last on an episode of Raw- after the main event.

• Paid Members

I love a vignette. Doesn't everyone? When did WWE stop thinking everyone did?

I loved the Attitude Era ones: Edge hunting vampires, Val Venis in a hot tub... By the time they actually appeared you felt like you knew something about them already.

I love a vignette. Doesn't everyone? When did WWE stop thinking everyone did?

I loved the Attitude Era ones: Edge hunting vampires, Val Venis in a hot tub... By the time they actually appeared you felt like you knew something about them already.

Not just *any* hot tub, either. Was Bruce Pritchard's hot tub

Archived